Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 16:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/250/185 Female 6'1"
BF:Too fat
Progress: 17%
Question I have a question about deli meats?

Do the meats you get sliced in the deli department of Walmart count as no deli meats? Or is Atkins talking about the prepackaged meats hanging on the walls in the meat and cheese coolers at Walmart?

If it does include the actual deli meats what kind of meats are you all eating for such things as meat and cream cheese handrolls?

Thanks. I am really trying to do this correctly.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 20:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/275/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

Now I'm not that experienced but I have read the book pretty well and from what I have gathered....as long as the meat is not loaded with sugar laden substance (basting methods) and/or is nitrate free...it should be just fine. I've chowed down on ham, turkey and roast beef in the packs (checking the labels) and I've lost 7 pounds in 5 days.

Just watch the sugar content. I'm sure that is what you must look out for, because let's face it...that's where the carbs are.

Keep it up....you'll do it!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 02:18

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

The ones that are 'pure' meat (ie REAL, 100% meat) like roast beef, turkey and chicken, but not the roll (fillers). Those are totally fine. I like to take the roast beef and wrap a slice around a bit of jalapeno havarti and maybe 1/2 a strip of bacon and nuke it for a few seconds. Great for lunch or snack...

It's the balogna, loaves and rolls that are not as good. You'd have to check carb count (fitday or store) or buy the packaged ones that have the counts on it.

Good luck!

Nicole