Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 06:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%
Default McDonald's is going low carb! Woohooo!!!

Check it out: http://www.wbbm780.com/asp/ViewMoreDetails.asp?ID=29238

Wednesday Oct. 9, 2003, 4:30 p.m.

ROSELAND, N.J. (Dow Jones/AP) -- McDonald's Corp. Wednesday said it plans to launch a program to attract people following a low-fat, low-calorie, or low-carbohydrate diet.

The Oak Brook, Ill., fast-food chain said it plans to launch the Real Life Choices program in January at restaurants in the New York region.

Nutritionist and best-selling author Pamela Smith is working with the hamburger chain to create the program.

The move is the latest in a string of McDonald's initiatives aimed at reviving sales growth by offering meals more suited to an increasingly health-conscious public.

On Sunday, the Chicago Tribune reported that McDonald's plans to introduce a leaner white-meat version of its Chicken McNugget this fall.

The chain is also testing a "Go Active" meal in Indiana. It includes a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer to encourage people to walk more.

McDonald's rolled out a new premium salad line this spring.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 06:46

Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

WHOO HOOO! Now if they'll just bring that lo-carb down south, I'll be in heaven! What great news!!

Julie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 07:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

I was stuck in a place where my choices were Mickey D's or go hungry. I had one of the new salads with chicken. And though I was very skeptical of a McDonald's salad, it was actually pretty darn good.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 07:29

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Mmmm, if they would only come up with a big mac with low carb special sauce in a sesame seed lettuce wrap. I would be good to go!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 08:04

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

Do ya think the low carb menu will have low carb buns for any of their burgers. That would be cool.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 08:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

Woot! Heinz is coming out with "One Carb Ketchup!" God I hope it tastes like Heinz.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 08:12

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I havent had ketchup in so long, I dont even know what its supposed to taste like anymore.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 09:06

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I personally don't care for McDonalds food but my Burger King offers me (per asking) a "whopper" wrapped up with no bun (and they are generous with the "fixings") along with their salads. The only problem is the cheese (sticking to the paper) but I usually don't order it with cheese

Its catching up and let me tell you its a money maker for these chains...there are a lot of us and more growing each day
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 09:08

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Hope that they decide to do something like this in the UK That would be great They don't yet grasp the concept of a burger sans bun here yet
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 11:36
Contributing Member

Stats: 260/235/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Low Carb Fast Food

When I'm getting any fast food with cheese on top, I ask them to put the chicken breast, burger, or whatever on a plate. Those breakfast platters MickeyD's uses for the big breakfast will work just fine. Even Burger King, which doesn't serve big breakfast platters were able to find a styrofoam plate with a cover. BK makes a Ceasar Chicken Sandwich which is pure heaven even without the bun.

Slimcat
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 13:23

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

That sounds great, of course, Canada will be the last to get this. I almost went there today for a bunless, ketchupless burger, but it was full of school kids and I just couldn't cope with that today.

Vikki
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 14:32

Stats: 225/192.5/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Neat! Now it will be a little easier taking my kids for a Happy Meal. They always wonder why I don't eat fries with them, just a salad. Although I still won't be having fries, maybe they'll have more choices other than salads. We can only hope.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:44

Stats: 233/212/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Breakfast at McDonalds

I've been to several McDonalds for breakfast. I order the sausage McMuffing w/ egg (for a whole $1.08 w/ tax), but without the muffin. They put it in a container, so the cheese doesn't stick and include a knife and fork.

Re lunches - I'd love to see McD's & Burger King start offering a double cheeseburger salad.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 22:55

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I guess they must not be like this all over, but the only thing fit to eat at our McDonald's are the fish sandwiches and fries. I haven't been to McDonalds in a long time. Around here best stick with Carl's Jr. or Taco Bell and just throw the bread away. I am going to ask for a bunless burger next time I'm in Carl's, though. They just love us there, and I haven't been in there for over a week--they're going to wonder what's happened to us if we don't go before long!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 02:52

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

The big problem I have with McD's is that their chicken is breaded. The breakfast buns are great - ditch the bun, you get more to eat than a big breakfast, but here they stop serving them at 10.30am.
In Burger King, their chicken woppas are just plain chicken with salad if you ask for no mayo. That's my best 'fast food' or maybe a bacon double cheeseburger.