Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 19:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/257/155
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Does anyone else feel cold all the time?

Hello,
I started this wonderful WOE almost three weeks ago, and have enjoyed the food and the steady weight loss. I'm down fifteen pounds now and my mood is great, my energy level is high, and my body already feels less bulky. :-)

I've noticed that I'm very cold most of the time, and have to put on extra layers of clothes, even in the house. I've jacked my thermostat up to 70 degrees which is unheard of for me before Atkins WOL. Being cold isn't really a problem, but I was wondering if this was common among other low-carbers.

Thanks so much for any input,
Phyllis (aka Cat Lady)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:14

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Phyllis, check out the General Health forum - there's a thread there discussing this very topic I believe it's called "bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr cold"

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:15

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Phyllis

I posted something like this a couple of days ago ... because I've found that I'm ALWAYS cold, and can't wait until summer.... I noticed it last summer when I was more active... and it always used to be that I could wear shorts and t-shirt around the house in the winter ... and now I've got sweatshirts and sweatpants... and during the summer the heat would just kill me ... now I love the summer and the warm weather... I would go outside last summer during the work day just to get warmed up from the A/C...

So from what I had learned from my posting "brrrrrrrrrrr cooooooolllllldddddd" We are not the exception but the norm ....

Welcome to the site....
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/257/155
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thanks for the input, Nat & Princesspp. :-)
The other thread in the General Health Forum was interesting, and I'm glad to know this is fairly common among low-carbers.

Actually, I'd rather be chilly than always overheated like I was before starting low-carb. Our weather here is so humid and sticky that not wilting from the heat is a blessing!

Have a lovely weekend, all.
Phyllis (aka Cat Lady)
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 15:11

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Phyllis

Isn't it wonderful going outside and not feeling like cooked spinach ??? I'd rather be cold too. In Wisconsin we get humidity, not like you guys though... but that always used to wipe me out... and last summer was my first time on this WOE/WOL during the summer, and I was amazed ... I was led to believe in my head that we just didn't have that hot of a summer, but I could go out and do yard work in the heat... and as long as I had my water, I was happy...

I even made my husband buy me a "Push - self propelled" mower... and found to do the side of my house, and the front yard is a 2.5 mile walk ... and that didn't even wipe me out ... (the rest of our yard I use the rider though.... )

But I'd rather be cold - just like you and if I would've discovered this years ago, I probably would've been eating like this back then...

Talk later...