Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 15:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 141/133/118 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Popcorn

Ok another question on Cousin Willies popcorn.... I asked a question yesterday and someone said not to eat popcorn, so I went to the hidden carb calculator and typed in the info it asked and it came out with a total of 3 carbs per cup. SO whats so wrong with that???

30 calories
1.5 grams of fat
3.5 carbs
8 fiber.

So does anyone know why we cant eat popcorn ?? I LOVE POPCORN

P.S. I found a great internet site to get great low carb food with free shipping. JamDynamixz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 16:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Indiajo,

It's all about the insulin response. Carbs such as corn (whether popped or not) rate high on the glycaemic index (GI). In other words, they turn into sugar in your system very quickly, which in turn provokes an insulin reaction - which is what makes us fat! Lower GI vegies on the other hand, even if they have a higher carb count, take a lot longer to turn into sugar, and so are allowed on the plan.

So if you want the best results from your weight loss, try following the plan as written in Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 19:11
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'll second everything Rosebud said, with the additional thought... if you crave popcorn so badly, you may actually be sensitive to it.

it's funny, also, how if you give up a food you NEED, you will find your cravings diminish pretty quickly.