Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/115.3/65 Female 165cm
BF:53/48.5/?
Progress: 9%
Unhappy 3 weeks induction and still no loss!!!

Hi all,

I was going to wait another week before posting this and see if anything happens, but I'm beginning to get a little discouraged, and really don't want to be discouraged!!!

Today is my 22nd day in induction, and so far have been really enjoying it, feeling great, and I certainly have no intention of abandoning this WOE. However, my primary goal is to lose weight. And so far, I have possible lost 2 lbs (I say possibly because I know what I was a month before starting, and am guessing I had gained 4 lbs since then). So, I weighed myself a week into induction, changed my stats to what they are now, and have not lost a thing since then. I'm not measuring myself, however, my clothes are not feeling any looser either.

I have previously posted my menus and people have commented that they could find nothing in them that would be causing me problems. I'm not exercising as much as I should be, but I would have thought I'd still be seeing a least small weight loss all the same. My ratios of Fat/carbs/protein are as advised, I used fitday for several days to keep a check on this.

I am possibly not drinking enough water, it is generally 64oz a day, but may occaisionaly be a little shy of that.

Is there anyway to tell if you are metabolically resistant? Other than the obvious symptoms!

My journal has my menus for the last few days, I update it every day. If any one has suggestions, please let me know. I have a lot of weight to lose and am committed to losing it, but this is very disheartening.

Thanks in advance,
Tebs.

Last edited by Tebazile : Wed, Jan-21-04 at 18:59.
Sponsored Links