Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 12:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Calories

Well, Thanks for the help about eating enough....
Today i'm trying to pig out lol

I made 3 scrambled eggs with cheese this morning and had like 5 or 6 pieces of bacon and a diet sprite......

When i put it into fitday it said like i had about 1k calories so far, and when i went back the past few days it was well over 2k....

What is the exact breakdown of cals/fat for induction that is target? I'm sorry to bother with the question that I am sure in the book but I don't have it yet, probably gonna get it in the next week or so though

I guess since I have nothing to do Ill go custom food most of the stuff I eat because I seem to eat the same things every day, and I am sure that will give me a more accurate account....

Oh, and I cleaned out the fridge......Carb friendly now =) Except all the pasta and rice in my cabinets....hehe
Just an added question...is tomato sauce in small amounts, and cheese whiz ok? Or is there any way to make your own cheese whiz type thing......I have some and its 4 carb per table spoon.....and thats not enuff to drown broccoli =P

I haven't stepped on the scale today.......Seems I cannot break the addiction because since i started I have been getting on like every freakin hour......I told my boyfriend to hide the scale, where i CANNOT find it!!!!

I made my boyfriend who lives with me do it with me, but he isn't as psyched =/
He already ate taco bell twice, then got back on, and had liqour to boot ..........

I'm trying to motivate him but he just can't accept the fact of not eating carbs.....He says he wants "real food" lol
He doesnt like veggies so he is just eating the hamburgers and chicken and eggs I cook..... he weighs a bit over 350 and he is 6'7........I figured we could do this **together** but I wish I could motivate him more......HE says he wouldnt mind losing his "gut" although its not all that big, but he just doesnt want to break the habit of eating crap.....Any suggestions? hehe

Anyways, just wondering about thay stuff =D

Wow, i just put like 5 questions in one post, rofl.....

Hope you are all doing well today

**hugs**

Toe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 14:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185.5/185.5/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Steak vs. Taco Bell

When you're eating a nice, juicy steak you've fixed just for yourself at home and your BF wants to know where his is, tell him Taco Bell and the liquor store are just down the road since he wants "real food". LOL

Ok, so sarcasm probably isn't a good idea......hahaha.

Sharon
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 14:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130//
BF:
Progress: 103%

you should be lol- i am sure i cant answer all these ? but let me start stabbing at them
1. breakdown cals/fat - lots of good threads on here debating the exact calorie goal, lok under the stickys in newbys ?, i believe the starting point is 10to 12 x your weight- you probably need 2000 cals/day to feel good and loose, might be able to go as high as 2600 cals per day and still progress down hill(as you loose weight you will naturally decrease your daily calorie intake)
most of us get 60 to 70% of those cals from fat.- remember though most of us dont need to count calories - concentrate on the carbs.
2. SMALL being the key word -sure 1 or 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce(of course SF) should be fine. Stay away from the cheese whiz, pull a few recipes for hollandise sauce, make your own and keep it for veggie cover-ups!
3. the boyfriend-hummm 2 thoughts here, watch out because if he starts eating all the high fat food w/ you and doesnt go into ketosis( by minimizing carbs) he will rapidly gain all kinds of weight 2nd thought once you get past induction there are all kinds of REAL food things to eat- when you start making casseroles and protien bread and zucchini bread and cheesecakes and waffles the bf wont have any thoughts at all of junk food. Its just the first few weeks- maybe one month that is pretty tough on this diet but it wont work if you dont go through them.
O.k. i've opinioned enough here -will let someone else go
take care.