Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 12:03

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%
Default Probably a dumb question

I ate about 3 oz of chocolate - I haven't done this is months and months, but feel very very guilty now. The carb count isn't high relative to what I've eaten, I can still stick within my 20 carbs per day - have I don't much damage - I think not, but would like a bit of reassurance - I'm so mad at myself right now.

Thanks, Vikki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 13:31

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Stop kicking...

yourself, Vikki!

It shouldn't cause you any problems. Especially if you are still going to be under your 20 grams a day. And even if you aren't it is not the end of the low carb world as we know it! Just get right back on track and you'll be fine.

(I sure hope you really, really enjoyed it tho' with as much grief as you are giving yourself!)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/202/160
BF:
Progress: 30%

Vikki:

Sometimes you just have to have chocolate! I make a kind of chocolate mousse out of unsweetened cocoa (1T= 2 carb less 2grams of fiber = 0 carbs). I use either splenda or artifically sweetened syrup, cream cheese, whipping cream and vanilla....For when I simply have to have my chocolate!

Katie
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:30

Thanks Katie and Quietone - I think I might make the mouse in a couple of weeks - Boy, I never have cravings like that, it's just that they were sitting out at work and I'm very stressed here right now (trying to get everything done before we close for two weeks over Christmas) - anyway, thanks for your input. BTW, I did enjoy it, but I feel absolutely nausous right now
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 10:57
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Vikki-

Did that help?

I know how you feel, going outside the guidelines we set for ourselves is frustrating. But think of what YOU would say to someone who ate the 3oz. of chocolate and felt badly. Now say that to yourself!

Hang in there!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 11:00

Thanks Iowagirl - that was what I needed. There is no more chocolate in the office and I'm off to workout!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 17:15

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 268/218/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Buy Ross Chocolate bars! They taste BETTER then real chocolate...there is no reason to cheat or crave chocolate when these little suckers are around..don't torture yourself..eat a legal treat!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 07:47

Ross Chocolate bars, never heard of them,where can I buy them?

Thank you.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 10:08

BF:

I'm pretty sure i used to order them from www.healthierways.com they have the cheapest prices on keto products too

I now get them at my local healthfood store..i asked them to bring them in and they did! They are a huge seller now..i've gone in a quite a few times and the huge area of them has been empty! people are buying them buy the case

You have NO idea how good they are..tons of different flavours...dark..white..almond..crunchie..rasperry..orange..cherry..supr eme..soo delicious...the dark is my fave..AND its only 1 carb per bar..and they are cheap...$1.39 each..that's the same price as a large O'Henry

They melt down awesome too..very easy in a double boiler..to pour over cheesecake
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 10:48

OMG, they sound great - I get my Atkins bakemix from my local health food store, I'm gonna drop in tonight to see if she can order them.

Thanks.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 11:19

BF:

They are actually made in Chase BC..so it's very close to you...the manager at my store that brought them in says anything we want..it's just a phone call for him...so they should definately do it