Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 01:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/200/175 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:who/gives/a crap
Progress: 49%
Talking Hello from Arizona!

Hello from Arizona!

Hello fellow low carbers! I just recently decided to start Atkins and I am in induction at the moment. I tried all the low fat "fad" diets in the past as well as being anorexic for two years (boy was that stupid!). My main reason for starting the low carb lifestyle is to maintain a healthy weight for myself. I was happy at 130 lbs and I have gained 15 lbs of that. I want to kick the 15 lbs and keep myself at 130. I just want to be healthy and happy.

I once topped the scales at 190 lbs. I slowly lost weight with fad diets, low fat diets, and anorexia. But I was constantly up and down! I just want to get to my goal weight and stay there! The lowest I have weighed was 120 lbs and I looked deadly! I just want to be HAPPY with ME!! I believe with the low carb lifestyle, I can achieve this and stay that way!

I anyone out there has some thoughts and ideas for this new low carber, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been reading alot of the forums and they are very helpful! I am actually enjoying this low carb thing - I love meat so it's perfect for me!

Thanks for reading about me!
Attached Images
File Type: gif bear-%26-butterfly1.gif (6.5 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:18

Stats: 230.5/207.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up

Hi Flutterby,
Great for you to want to get healthy.

I admire your courage to admit your past eating problem. I am sure I can't imagine how hard that was.

I am new also, so I don't have any advise. Just find the things that work for you. I know I can't eat the bars, so I gave them up.

Congratulation!!!

Debbie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 16:15
Registered Member

Stats: 193/180.5/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

TELL ARIZONA HI FOR ME!
I just moved from there in August. I grew up there it was great.

For low carb shopping to to the Low Carb Mall. I always went to the one on Broadway and I think McKlentock. It's on the Nort side of the street. I knew where it was by sight. They have other stores but from what I hear that is the most fully stocked one. I prefer to buy more of the low carb stuff that everyone eats like the meat. I would only go there for specialty stuff. They carry a lot of Keto stuff. I like the pancakes Banana, I add some pecans. It's Yummy. I also tried their ice cream It's good too. They are very friendly there and also very helpful. The owners have lost weight on Atkins and were discuraged about not being able to locate products so the opened their own store. Smart for them.

I know if you stick with this way of eating you will successful. For me it was the sticking with it that messed me up, but I'm on the right road again and it's working. Good Luck