Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 23:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Food dreams...You guys are gonna laugh at me..

The past few nights Ive been having dreams about going out to eat or eating with the family at home and not realizing what Im eating and then in my dream I start crying uncontrollably. The last one my friends and family all had me sitting at a table and were forcing me to eat icecream!! I think that stemmed from a co-worker telling me to go home and eat icecream. Lately several people will comment every time they see me. *You need to eat some decent food* *You look unhealthy* The same stuff every time. Its getting kinda annoying ya know? These dreams better stop! I actually wake up upset and thinking, did I really eat that?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 01:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/103/110 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 116%

It is very common for people who are on a diet or WOE to have dreams about eating junk food. Isn't it strange? You wake up feeling so guilty and then you realize that it was just a dream.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 07:39

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I see that you are 10lbs below your goal weight. Are you having trouble getting back to 130? Perhaps your dreams are trying to give you ideas?

I wouldn't worry too much about them, I have had similar dreams about big pig-outs and same as you, I had to wonder in the morning if it was real or not. Strange feeling!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 13:06

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i had a food dream last night. i was eating apple pie!!! i woke up and actually felt bloated. i even got on the scale for reassurance. (was actually down 2 lbs-yippee). funny how dreams play tricks on our minds.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 13:32

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I have the same thought as Vel. You are 10 lbs below your goal weight. You are 5'6" and 120 lbs. My daughter is 5'4" and 115 lbs and her doctor and I are watching her very closely!! Her weight is too low for her height!!! She does not have normal menstral cycles. She also thinks she is getting fat. These are not healthy signs!!! If she does not maintain her weight (loses) we will have to take action!! Your dreams may be telling you something!!

Sorry about preaching. Good Luck!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 13:49

BF:

Vel, no Im not trying to get to 130, Im staying steady at my current weight (round 117 or so..). My dad and the rest of my siblings are all built the same (the way I was before I starting eating too much bread and pasta). We're all very limby, so my mom says. BTW youre bunny picture is so cute!!!! I have 3 lop ear bunnies of my own
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 21:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

El corazón,
Did you bypass your goal because you wanted to or you kept on loosing? I'm asking because some people get to their goal weight and then they can't stop loosing even though they start eating more. Your profile says that you started LC in June. Did you loose from 149 to 117 in 2 months?
Also, do you mind me asking what size of clothes you are wearing? I'm also 5'6" and want to get down to 130. I'm currently wearing a size 8, in some cases is loose. Would like to get to a size 6 eventually.

Last edited by latingirl : Sat, Aug-23-03 at 21:15.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 08:09

BF:

latingirl,
I didnt TRY to keep losing, it just happened. I didnt start following Atkin's rules until...mid June? Before that I was just trying not to eat sweets, bread, pasta. Size of clothes...Haha depends on what store At American Eagle I wear a 6 but theyre falling off recently. In Arizona Jeans I wear a 7 loosely. Dresses..Usually around a 6 or 7? It just all depends, and I have yet to really go shopping for clothes that fit well. My family says theyre sick of seeing me walk around in pants where it looks like I pooped myself. Haha Gluck on losing youve done great so far!!