Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 11:23

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default healthy choice soup.

Today instead of getting chips and dip or something real bad. i broke down and hada 2 cup c serving of chicken and rice healthy choice soup. But all i had was the broth not the other stuff that was in it. tasted so good and hot. Know did that hurt me while being on interduction?? Been on interduction since Feb 1st. Burning keytones as of this morning.
hope i didnt blew it to bad.
Iam getting ready for tom and iam wanting to eat food.
and i got can of atkins choc. shake and it is just awfull. yesterday i try putting 4 oz. of water instead of 8 oz. so it was better. but that stuff is yeck. hate to try the bars. Any one try the Mc Salads at mc. that are new?? might have one of those when out. just tell me that i didt blew it on soup. with just the broth. give my dog the other stuff. i dont see how healthy choice soup and having just the broth can hurt. all carbs i would think would be out if u dont have rice. chicken ect. any one going to chat??
janet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 11:32

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Two cups have 24 carbs - 4 fiber WITH the stuff eaten. I wouldn't be too worried - worrying doesn't change anything anyway. I would, however, get some quality chicken broth to have for these occasions. If you crave chips and dip, get pork rinds and made some low carb dip. There are some very easy and satisfying recipes on the recipe board.

Induction is a lot easier if you prepare - it's nearly impossible if you don't. That is my own experience anyway.

Good luck,
J.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/235/140
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Janet don't worry about eating soup.

Looking at your weight progress you are doing very well. When I first started on the diet I went out and bought sugar free candy at Walmart thinking that was cool. I ate two before I got back to work and then realized they were very high in Carbs. I was really mad at myself but hey you live and learn. I am allot more careful now.

Keep the Carbs down and and the good attitude up!
DeAnn
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Try making your own soup starting with the Campbells broth, Chic or beef, I buy the one in the carton, then just add meatballs and some green veggies, green onion. It is very soothing.
And very low in carbs, ( Much cheaper to than canned soup).

Kathy
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 12:19

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default thanks

Boy have you gals had a day when close to tom that you could eat a horse?? will now i think about it maybe you could on atkins. ha
I will try making my soups.when iam in need. i have not gained. staying the same.
iam so used to losing more wt. then iam on atkins. so gets down when i comes off like this. at least for me. am going to make plain salad with paul new man and just take today as loss. and Monday another new week. got to get wATER DOWN TODAY. SO GOING BACK OUT TO CLEAN FLOWER BED AND PUT CEILING FAN ON OUT SIDE AND SET. IT IS A PRETTY DAY TODAY HERE IN iN. HOW ABOUT WERE YOU GALS LIVE.
BUT I MUSZST SAY I ENOYED THAT SOUP MORE THEN A STEAK.. I ALSO UP MY CALS HERE LATY AND THAT MIGHT BE WHY I FEEL SO BAD AND NOT LOSING UB NLESS CLOSE TO TOM PUTTING ME AT STALL. AND MAAKING ME FEEL THIS WAY. OH WELL CAN NOT CHANGE ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN DONE. JUST MY WAY OF THINKING ON EATING.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 12:25

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

You didn't mean that you were only going to eat a plain salad for the rest of the day, right?

When I feel like eating everything in sight I just start in on some plain meat and eat a ton of it. At some point, you realize that you are really not hungry so you can stop looking around....looking around, scavaging as I like to call it, is what gets me in trouble every time. BTW, your metabolism does actually increase a bit around TOM, so it is not just in your mind that you need more food. I'm not saying go crazy, but ya get what I mean?

And yes, it is a magnificiently beautiful day here in central Texas. Just took my pooch for a walk.

Last edited by MsJinx : Sun, Apr-27-03 at 12:26.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 13:07
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Boy have you gals had a day when close to tom that you could eat a horse??

LOL Absolutely! A whole chicken for sure. Plus other foods.
Actually this happened to me 3 times and was always followed by a major weight or inches loos after TOM.
Today I had 2000 calories! Yippieeee!
Protein, fat and lowcarb veggies are always the best choice while feeling this panic hunger.
Alina