Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/194/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy HEEELLLPPPP!!! IM getting married in June and been on a stall for 6 weeks!

I just dont know what to do... I have tried everything. I re-did induction, i've upped my calories, ive lowered my calories, I tell ya, there isnt enough space in the column to write what ive all done to get passed this stall. I even had a massive cheat weekend. I ate everything for 2 days, lost 2 pounds, went back to low-carbing and gained the 2 pounds back, and here i sit! Im either up one, or down one. Im getting married in June, and want to be down at least 20 more pounds. I was 240 when i married the first time, and on my 2nd way to the alter, id like to be a little less flabby. Ive come a long way, but AAGGGHHH!H!!!!!

I think im frustrated. Do you think 20 pounds is too much to ask to lose for June? Anyone have any kind of sugestions???

Im desperate, and willing to try almost anything! I even looked for ephedra, its illegal in Canada! Just my luck! lol

would love some feed back!
thanks for hearing me rant!
Loriann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:46
Registered Member

Stats: 188.5/180.5/140
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm in the same boat as you Loriann - but I'm getting married in May. I wanted to lose 20 pounds by 5/4, and I've lost 5.5. I'm at a bit of a stall myself, but I'm only on my 2nd week of induction. At this point, I've realized 20 pounds isn't reasonable (and I know I should've started sooner), and I'll just try to lose as much as I can before then.

Best of luck to you.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:50
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Well HI and sorry you are so stressed out!

I understand what you say you have done your tweeks for a week straight with no alterations there is no way to identify what is going wrong.

How about start a journal and post your menus for just two weeks to start (induction). Post your food on fitday.com so you can see your calories vs fat vs carbs to get on track.

Look at all the allowed foods again Foods and lets see if we can't get you going in the right direction.

Deep breath....
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:31

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Do what I did to break my mini-stall:

1. Cut out artificial sweetener including Splenda
2. Cut out nuts and nut butters
3. Cut out most LC products and stick with natural foods
4. Make sure you are getting 72oz water +
5. Eat light dinner and no snacks after dinner - biggest meal at lunch
6. Start exercising - - amazing what that does
7. Stop diet drinks and caffeine
8. Cut out bars and LC chocolates

Its time to get down and dirty - 4 months is definitely enough time to drop 20 lbs! You can do it!