Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Talking I Ran!

went out for my 45 min. walk through the pasture (rural PA life...) and decided I would add a few jogs in here and there. Didn't run for long but broke into a good jog every five minutes for one minute. Hoping to increase this each time out.

I am 'strange' I use my treadmill but cannot even walk without 'touching' one of the handlebars. Otherwise I lose my balance a bit and wobble - feeling like I am ready to fall. So outside running might work. Anyone else have such a problem.

Oh, BTW - before going out I put on my new workout clothes - cropped black sweats and a turqoise and black bra-tankini. Figure that even if few see me- I look like I mean business!!! Hope to make this a real habit!

Jan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 17:50

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Great program...

Jan,

I have a great walk/run program I can share with you. Right now I am running 30 sec and walking 4 1/2 minutes, repeating that 8 times for a total of 40 minutes. The program works you into running a 10K in 13 weeks. Email me at ******** if you are interested in the whole thing!

Congrats on the running...it feels good, doesn't it???

AMY

*edited* please do not post e-mail addresses. It is against the forum rules. You may private message after 25 posts to share private information-Elihnig
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 18:34
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Jan - that sounds like how I started to run a few years ago, I walked the same 3 mile route every day and one morning I felt exceptionally spritely so I started to run, I ran until I felt I had to stop and finished my normal walk, the next day I started to run at the same point I had the day before and went 3 fence poles further (I live in rural area - fence poles make great markers) so I kept on doing this and within a month I was able to go almost 1.5 miles running. I am hoping that I can get into this routine again. Although I have to admit I think I run like a girl I always hated when my brother teased me like that - but I've never figured out how to run like a guy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 18:40
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Me me!

I get fustrated sometimes because when I'm on the treadmill at the Y, I keep almost stepping off track or I bang my hips side to side if I so much as glance up or brushing hair from my eys. I have to watch my feet. Yet I'm fine if I am walking around..