Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 03:07

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Sunday - Feb 1

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu was OK (could have been much better) yesterday - high calorie-wise again - a little high on carbs, but still within maintenance range - and for this week that's all I'm going to strive for.... Weight this AM - 176 lbs

Total calories: 1920
Fat: 129 gms 1162 cal 62%
Sat: 35 gms 318 cal 17%
Poly: 52 gms 470 cal 25%
Mono: 36 gms 328 cal 18%
Carbs: 76 gms 212 cal 11% ECC: 53 gms
Fiber: 23 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 122 gms 490 cal 26%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz 2% cheddar
24 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Lunch:
Subway Bacon Chicken Ranch wrap

Dinner (at salad bar):
2 cups mixed greens with 1 hard-boiled egg (Chopped), 1 oz ham, 1 T bacon bits (TVP) - topped with blue cheese dressing
1 cup broccoli & 1 cup cauliflower - dipped in blue cheese dressing
.5 cup cottage cheese
3 slices kiwi
6 cubic inches of each: Cantaloupe & honeydew melons

About 80 ozs water & 24 ozs coffee

Last edited by Orang : Sun, Feb-01-04 at 05:33.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 06:23

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning.
Orang, what did you think of the Subway wrap?

I stayed around 1600 cal yesterday.Bawdy, I kept the carbs at 48. Did a 3 mile WATP tape.
Know what's cool with the Fitday software? If you plug in your calorie goals, it keeps a running total of how many cals you need to restrict based on your body weight to keep you losing per your goal. Fo instance, I need to restrict 483 cal per day to lose a pound a week. When I plug in my activities, it recalculates that. So yesterday before I exercised, it told me at that time I had eaten 780 cals and, restricting, could eat 1240 and make my target goal. When I added in my daily activities, and that includes ALL activity-cleaning, exercise, etc, it told me I could eat 1900! (I didn't) but it gives you an idea of what your parameters are based on your metabolism. Interesting stuff. Bawdy, it's on the daily balance view.
Tomorrow is the first weighin for the group at work. Don't expect any miracles but at least it's keeping me motivated.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 06:42

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

A quick fly by. <G>
Have to shop for groceries today. I wonder if I will ever get to the point I enjoy doing that. <sigh>

Hope you all have a great day!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 10:48

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hey, Blu! Grocery shopping isn't bad. I just got back and had over $36 in coupons! I had $17 in manufacturers' coupons and got $19 off for markdowns on meat! At our store, if you get there fairly early in the morning, you get the best markdowns on meat. They mark down something like 2 days before the expiration date. As long as you eat it or cook it or freeze it right away, it's a great way to save money. I got $6 off a turkey! I also got $2 off three packages of drumsticks (5 per package). They're the organic brand, and really do taste so much better than the regular kind.

As for the manufacturers' coupons, I don't really use many. I don't even consider using a coupon unless it gives me at least 50 cents off a product (these "buy 5 and you save $1 are a waste of time). I only get two coupon circulars with the Sunday paper, and I get all the coupons there (and the in-store coupons). A lot of coupons are for carby things and prepared foods that I don't buy. I only use coupons for what I need -- cleaning supplies, bacon, cheese, frozen entrees (DH eats these for lunch and when I'm not hungry for dinner), toothpaste, etc. I never buy something just because I have a coupon -- it has to be something I would buy anyway.

So today I'm going to marinate all the drumsticks (homemade teriyaki marinade) and cook them up. I also bought 3 pounds of hamburger (yes, on sale!) that I'll make into patties. I'll probably cook them all up, too, and then freeze them for quick lunches to take to work.

I never know how to season burgers. I'm thinking that maybe I'll mix in a package of fajita seasoning. Thoughts?

Still trying to decide if I'll watch the Super Bowl today. Not a fan, sorry. You see, they're running back-to-back episodes of my favorite show from 5:00 to 7:00, which is like the middle of the game, right? My favorite show? Well, right now it's "What Not to Wear." I ADORE that show -- both the American version and the BBC version. I'm picking up a lot of tips from the shows.

Middle age crisis. What can I say?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 11:34
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Mornin'! (Well... afternoon, I guess.. )

Ha - bawdy, you sound like me with the marked down meat. I don't bother planning meals until I see what's cheap in the meat section.

I made a giant spinach omelette for my SO and I this morning, and I have turkey (me) and tofu (him) marinating in jerk seasoning for dinner.

Have a lovely Sunday.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 12:32

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sorry to not have been around this week...so much going on!! But all good stuff!! I'm organizing a group trip to Cancun in Sept and its time to start begging people for $$. Also planned a mini-weekend getaway for Valentines Day. Started with 2 couple and as of last night...turned into 10!! Naturally, I'm expected to make all the reservations. Also in the midle of organizing a surprise 50th birthday dinner for my dear friend. You think I'm what you would call a "control freak"!! I love my friends dearly...but I hope they appreciate their "free, personal social planner". I don't mind, really...but just everything has come up at once.
SNOW...SNOW...EVERYWHERE!! Caused aerobics to be cancelled both days this week. Everyday I said I would go home and put in a tape and do SOMETHING!!!! But never did!! My motivation for exercise this time of year is NILL!!!!
Tomorrow is weigh in. PLEASE let the weight fairy whoosh some of me away!!

Orang...hang in there !!! Things have GOT to get better for you soon!!

Blu...belated WTG I'm so in awe of your progress!! You are a wonderful motivator!!

Hello to all...have a great day!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 13:35
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi all!! What a nice sunny day here in Georgia... Looks around at everyone..waves... was looking over the hometowns..we are from all over... makes it fun doesnt it!?

After church today, we went to a buffet... I think I did well... I had a 'chef' salad of sorts to start off with ( oh..bg's this morning was only 147..getting down there!) and then I had to helpings of grilled salmon with lemon butter sauce and greenbeans with some mushrooms on top.. I did momentarily look longingly at my husbands plate of mashed potatoes.. So, I did take about 1/4 cup of the frozen yogurt, and prayed that it wasnt too high in carbs.. fit day says 9 carbs.. so phew.. it was the perfect ending for my meal today.

Our superbowl day? We are going to watch the lord of the rings movies that we got from netflix, thank goodness DH isnt a sports freak..

Oh.. on that cabbage manicotti I mentioned yesterday, it turned out delicious...not 'cabbagy' tasting at all, and very filling... For you old timer Lc'ers.. its prob a old recipe for yas..but for me..it was kind of encouraging.. as I was feeling like all I could eat was bark!

I weigh in at the dr's tomorrow morning too... and I was given 3 weeks of free passes to Golds gym by some gals at church.. meeting them at noon tomorrow... they have a group that meets monthly..and all are on some form of diet, the zone.. atkins..etc.. one girl has lost over 30 lbs..and her cholesterol levels from in the 1000's down to normal range.. amazing..and they were very encourageing to me when I shared w/ them this morning!

WEll, off to the movies... see you tonite go teams!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 16:05
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone,
Wonder of wonders, it's not snowing today!
Kathy, I use marked-down meat too. We have some of our own from the farm, but much of the rest I get on its "last day for sale" at a local grocery store. Either cooked that day or goes in the freezer.
Not sure if I mentioned that for the past couple of weeks I've been making my yogourt from our own milk too. We've never brought farm milk in for home use since my kids were 9 and 7 when I married my husband. He didn't feel they should switch to unpasteurized milk. In Ontario it is very illegal to sell or even give away raw milk, although you can use it yourself. I looked into home pasteurization since I started making yogourt and realized that I was heating it well beyond the point needed for pasteurization. So DH has been bringing in milk for me to make yogourt. It's not homogenized, of course, so the texture is just a trifle different.
Oh, and apparently we now have LC bread available locally. Haven't tried to get any yet though.
Smoothblu, your weight loss is truly amazing. Way to go!
Renee, just wanted you to know that I will be praying for peace, wisdom, strength and calmness tomorrow and all week for you and your family.
Have a great week everyone.
Marjorie
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 21:00

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Last edited by unitydkn : Sun, Feb-01-04 at 21:05.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 21:06

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

I still cant get a pic to just post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 22:36
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%

Hi All, yesterday we went to the mall,boy was it packed. They were having some great sales, 60% off in some stores, so I probably went over board buying size 10's. I still have about 15 pounds to go, which will put me in a size 8. It was sure nice to donate my big wardrobe to charity. Next project is to weed thru hubbys wardrobe, the weight is just pouring off from him. Today I stuck with the program until dinner, our son and DIL invited us to dinner. I tactfully asked her if I could bring something. They had a carb laden dinner with all the trimmings. So I'm going to really have to watch it for the next couple of days. Well their intentions were good, and they do not really understand the program. As I told DH that is going to happen from time to time and we'll just have to over compensate. Yesterday at the mall I just got a sub sandwich and ate the inside and left the bread. Mostly I have control over what goes in my mouth. Does anyone else get flack from their children about their food choices? I explained to my kids that they have young metabolisms, I suffer from too many diets in my past, which has screwed mine up. This is the only way I can lose. I still don't think they understand. Anyway I've ranted on enough, enjoy your week, Judy
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 23:25

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

"Hey, Blu! Grocery shopping isn't bad."

<lol> I think for me it's all the people who act like mice in a mace. Pushing, shoving and down right rude that get to me.

But, I went and conquered and have one more weeks worth of food.