Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 11:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/181/150
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default so excited about this WOE

I am so excited this morning. I woke up 188lbs. I weighed 195 when I started last thursday plus I have lost over an inch on my waist. I know this wont continue at this pace but isnt it so nice when it does.

Thanks for all your posts because they really help out.Sometimes I think my questions are so stupid but then there i see them on the post of someone else.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 11:16

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Ain't it grand?!?!? Good for you.

Now, about your fitday and advice being welcome? What's up with the Miracle Whip? Real mayo is much less than 1 carb per teaspoon and SO DELISH! Many folks have a hard time keeping their fat intake up (above protein, preferably) so that would help if you do like real mayo.

Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 11:23

BF:

Im sorry but I dont like real mayo, I couldnt even stand my potato salad made with it (when i ate potato salad, lol)

I was able to turn down mac and cheese today I guess thats an obstacle that I made it through too because before i could eat it everyday.

I am having to adjust ot this because there arent very many different types of food that I like to eat especailly good ones like veggies.

thanks for your advice.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 11:35

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Lots of you (WEIRD! ) people aren't into mayo. Congrats on passing up the mac & cheez!!!! Way to go! That's a toughy at first.

I'm groovin' on the bagged salad - seems like that's the best way for me to eat it and get some veggies in.

I feel for you if you didn't develop a taste for many veggies or different foods as a kid - either I'm just lucky or my mom was because my favorite meal as a kid was liver and onions with a side of spinach (and mac and cheese and/or fried okra!). Crazy, huh? I think we just always had a garden so I developed tastes for just about every type of veggie and fruit at an early age.

HOWEVEr, I really believe you can cultivate your tastes. My mother always swear to hate this or that but she's just conditioned by living with my step-dad for so long (he is strictly meat & taters). If I bully her into trying new things, she like it 9 times outta 10. Of course #10 is an ugly situation!

Anyway, my advice, unsolicited as usual!, is to be adventurous. THere are some really great recipes on the board, soups and all kinds of way to get more veggies.

Have a great day
JInx
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 11:46

BF:

I like veggies its just I like carrots and potatoes, lol. potatoes in everyway.

you sound like my DH he likes liver and onions.

about the mayo, all my family gets aggravated because i dont like the real stuff, i guess its just what you get used to. i have tried a few things such as broccoli that i didnt like before and i still dont like them.

I like the bagged salads too but im telling you every time i have went to the store they have been sold out of them and its so irratating. i live in a small town and i dont have many choices as to where to shop so i make due. I have learned a few things from this site so my next trip to the grocery i am gonna experiment a little.