Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 06:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/167.5/164
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default So who else did the Easter cheat?

My first really bad cheat in aboout 6 weeks of induction! My financee's parents came to visit us for a week. They are from France and brought some delicious French chocolate.

It was about 8:30 PM, we had gotten back from the airport and not yet had dinner. I was hungry, the chocolate looked so good...........SCARF! I ate a bunch. It was good.

Easter I totally behaved, back to <20 carbs, even skipped the bunny cake. Its Monday morning and I have not gained anything (not lost either and I was on a losing streak).

I don't feel too guilty, it was bound to happen over Easter. Key is to not let it happen again while they are here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 07:31

Stats: 325/277/200
BF:
Progress: 38%

I cheated as well but it was a planned cheat and I did not have any candy. I have been low carbing for just over two months now and have lost 48 pounds to date. Last week I decided I wanted to eat a non low carb meal and see how how I felt afterward for a comparison, Easter seemed a good opportunity for that with the food being prepared at my dads house. Anyway I did not eat that much cheat food, some potato salad, a piece of bread, a glass of milk, and a little glazed ham, but it hit me about an hour later. I felt drugged and had to take a nap for an hour to recover some energy. I am glad I tried this experiment because it confirmed my belief in the LC WOL. Currently I am way ahead of meeting my weight loss and health goals and now plan on redoubling my efforts to get to my final goals even earlier, I have not felt this good in a long time.

Tom
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 07:58

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Arrow

I was doing so well Friday and Saturday and blew it at Easter dinner and after - ate chocolate, cookies, and sweet potatoes (in syrup). Today's another day.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 08:01

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%

1 Mars egg..Mmmmmmmmmmm and about 6 mini fudge filled eggs...

The guilt was worse than the hang over! No weight gain this AM..Pork chop & water for breakfast..Right back on track!

Joy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 08:08
Registered Member

Stats: 240/227/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

My "cheat" was planned and so no guilt here. My next planned "cheat" is my 4Oth birthday in May. I've decided to give myself a birthday gift: Dr Atkins to the letter, treadmill and dumbells 3x a week, and no scale. Then on my birthday I will weigh myself to see my "gift", this will give me a goal to work towards for the next few weeks .

To all of those who may feel guilty about Easter carb overindulgence, don't! Just get right back to program and your body will take care of itself!
  #6   ^

Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%

I didn't cheat at all knowingly...I am only on my 7th day and I realized AFTER I ate it that the spiral ham was probably cheating?
The only chocolate I ate was one of those little low-carb chocolate bar thingies. I was proud until I realized that the ham was probably sweetened.!
  #7   ^

Stats: 181/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default It was planned

When I first began Atkins, I said I would give up Carbo's for Lent. I had planned to cheat on Easter Sunday, but could not bring myself to it, except berries and fruit. It was worth it, b/c I had a woosh.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 08:20

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default i was bad

Gave in to cookies. Paid the price with a severe belly ache.
Definately not worth it. Can't wait to get back in Ketosis.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:39

Plan: My Own
Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%
Default Gave in!

I Gave in also. I had mac-n-cheese, dressing, and potatoes salad. Today is a new day. I paid for it too, I was constipated after eating all of that.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:42
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I had a 1/2 cup (yes, I measureed!) of chocolate icecream. No gain but I sure have no energy this morning!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:50

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

It's funny that someone posted a thread on this - just had this discussion in someone's journal I attributed it to full moon? planets/stars not aligned? hehe Yes, I had some Hershey's candy from the work candy jar I made a label for it and stuck it on there - looks something like this:

EVIL CANDY JAR !!!

Oh well, today *is* another day!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:55

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%

20 cheese/bacon/scallion fries. Other than that nothing! I did very well this entire weekend. I didn't get out of moderate ketosis. Those were the only carbs I had on Sunday.

To compensate for the carbs on Sunday. I walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill.

Feeling real good these days!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:15

Stats: 177/177/135 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I cheated and the scale said I gained 5 lbs since Saturday...Could that be possible? On Sat I did have some cornbread stuffing maybe about a serving spoon size portion. I also hav some chocolae cake and cheesecake that I shared with someone. Not huge peices either...

Yesterday I had scalloped cheese potatoes and a cheesecake slice...no crust or blueberries on top.

Could that be 5 lbs worht?
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:20

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I too had planned to go off for one day eat what I wanted, after 3 1/4 months of no cheats what so ever, so I just decided I'd take the day off,(sat) so I had 1/2 cup roasted potatoes, 1 thin slice of soda bread, 1/2 cup of fruit salad,hand full of chips, 1/2 peanut butter cookie. No effects other than a few little burps, right after I ate the bread. I think I held some extra water yesterday, but it's gone today.
It's odd, as even as I was eating those golden roasted new spuds, I thought to myself, yes they are very good, but nothing really tastes good enough to forego weight loss, so it'll be awhile before, I cheat/plan to off again. I also took some carrots, had one bite, and they tasted sooo salty, I just left them on my plate.

Kathy

Last edited by Kathy54 : Mon, Apr-21-03 at 10:23.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:31

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Wow! If I had known everyone else was going to cheat, I might have cheated too...lol. Instead I sent hubby to the store for some heavy cream and made us some of that ziploc baggie low carb icecream. Added a little Nestle's cocoa to make it chocolate and that was our little concession to Easter sweets

I was eyeballing my kids easter baskets, but did not give in.

L