Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 20:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 50/50/50
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default ATTN: Nat RE: CARBOlite Bars

I addressed this to Nat but, I would appreciate any other useful input.

My question is about CARBOlite bars. I tried my first one today and it was incredible! Then I did some research on this site about them and there was some debate about hidden carbs in them.

I went to Cl's website and they seem to address this issue and have stated that they will update their nutrition facts accordingly.

Here is the link : http://www.carbolitedirect.com/neteffect.html
Are they on the right track here?

Curious and Fiending for Chocolate!

fuze
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 20:26

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there fuze There was an urlier post about this as well - it seems some of the carbolite bars already have the new packaging. It's freaking some people out, as you can well imagine.

Whether their 'Net effective carbs" truly are what they say they are will depend on the individual, just as it did before they made this announcement.

Quote:
we now include a Carbohydrate Facts Panel (Shown Below) to show you the Net Effective Carbs. These Net Effective Carbs include only those carbs that cause a noted effect on your blood sugar levels.

How sugar alcohols effect me and how they effect you differs. Your body may taste them, not know what to do with them, and say "yes, these are carbs.... insulin please" Mine may not. YMMV. If you haven't read Doreen's article "Sugar Alcohols" under "Low Carb Tips", this would be a good time to. Sugar alcohols and glycerine can cause problems for you - anything that tastes sweet can be a trigger, can set off cravings, can cause a rise in insulin.

Caveat Emptor

The fact that you are "fiending" for chocolate is something you should be wary of. Often, it is those foods that we 'cannot live without' that we really should 'live without'.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 20:58

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Post fyi

Whether the hidden carbs affect you are not, let me warn you......the "low impact" carbohydrates sure don't have a low impact on the bowels!
Seriously! Those things are like taking a laxative! Gross......

PS: They sure are good though. You know, it's worth it every few weeks or so, just when TOM kicks in. But for those with more self control, Nat's absolutely right.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 01:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 50/50/50
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default THX 4 the tips

OK, that clears up alot. Nat, you are right about my cravings tho'

However, I really wasn't craving Chocolate until a friend gave me one of those darn bars, lol. (damnit)

THX again!