Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 05:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 169/165/138 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/???/18%
Progress: 0%
Default TOM, Exercise, Protein & LCing

Can anyone tell me the effects of one's TOM on LCing? I've been monitoring my weight fluctuations on a daily basis (just curiousity, not obsession) and keeping a journal on my morning and afternoon weigh-ins since I started. Up until today, I have consistently had a lower weight in the morning, gaining a couple of pounds later on the day, because of water and food intake.

Well, today I did my morning weigh-in and I went up almost half a pound. I know it does not seem like much, but here's my question: could this be triggered because of my upcoming TOM or by excessive hydration or my protein shake or weight-training or what? My official end of week 1 weigh-in is tomorrow and I am in goal range mini goal 157.4 (actual: 157). I normally have all my PMS crampy, bloated symptoms from about 10 days before my TOM starts. As of yesterday all my symptoms started, so should I just blow this off as my TOM?

Also, my TOM lasts normally a long time, and all the symptoms of PMS persists until it has ended. Should I just wait after it's ended to weigh-in? That would be about 2 weeks in duration. Is there anything I can do about excessive bloating?

Okay, I know this was long, but I really need someone to help me out!

Thanks a lot

ciao,
Armana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 11:33

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Yup. It's TOM.

Up to you about weighing in the duration. Depends on how you react to a fake weight gain. That bloated feeling isn't just in your mind.

If you're curious, I'd track the weight so I can better predict next month, AND to see if continued LC living ameliorated any of my symptoms.