Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 10:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%
Talking Hey all, I an Atkins Newbie! =D

Hey there!

I came across this bulletin board while I was searching for some Atkins stuff....I started reading around and found some useful information, but I still have some unanswered questions, so I figured I should post =)

I am 21 years old and I am from Florida. I have struggled with weight all my life. I've tried diets here and there, but I just didnt have the patience. Most recently, I tried a diet my Aunt had recommended called "Trim" and there is weekly menus which each meal is planned out. I thought it would be easy, because I knew ahead of time what I would be having or have to make. However, I got lazy and didn't feel like cooking the meals, and didnt care for many of the combinations, and I cheated quite bad ly .....So, after talking to some close friends who said they just started Atkins, I decided what the hell I'll give it a try.

The only thing I was worried about was the massive amounts of eggs and meat and high fat and cholestorol. I dont have the book at the moment, but I know none of that stuff matters...My mother keeps telling me how is a "diet" eating all this high fat, pork rinds, eggs, and tons of meat? She just doesn't understand....

In any case, here is the deal... I started Atkins a week ago, on March 15, 2003. I weigh myself like 2 times a day cause i'm an idiot lol, but it keeps fluctuating so much between like 3-4 or 5 lbs....I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right =) The first couple of days I wasn't hungry at all, and I wasn't even eating that much, but now, I seem to be hungrier =/ I am taking one a day weight smar multi vitamin with green tea extract.....

For instance:

I bought atkins shakes, reading 1g carb on the front, and the atkins advantage bars, reading 2-3g on the front....

These are the things I have been eating:

Morning (typically, not every day):

3 eggs with cheese, 3 sausage, 3 pieces of bacon
OR 1 atkins shake, or nothing if im on the run
**How many eggs a week is too much?** =/

Lunch:

Hot dog or turkey slices, salami, ham, all reading 1-2carbs on the back.... with mustard....Usually deli meat of some kind

Snacks: Beef jerky, pork rinds(eww), celery sticks with cream cheese

Drinks: seltzer, diet sprite, water

Dinner: for instance, last night I had 2 cheese burgers that I coooked on the george forman grill, and a bowl of asparagus tips reading 1 carb per serving and there was 2 servings in the box and I had the whole box....Or, chicken breast with cheese, dipped in some taco bell hot sauce (0 carbs)! Or Chicken of some sort, Steak..IS eating too much red meat VERY bad?

Late night snack: Decaf Tea with cream and splenda, and some whipped cream on top, or sugar free jello with whipped cream....

I mean this is typical stuff I have daily.....I try to alternate, chicken and beef and stuff like that cause i'm afraid of too much beef ...yesterday I bought the Atkins bake mix and made a loaf of bread, its more cakey then bread, but i was able to cut a little less than 1 inch slices, pretty thick, but i am not sure how much carbs there are in one slice...On the box it says a loaf is like 24 grms of carbs or something but im not sure...Anyone know?

Also, the bars say 21g carb on the back, but net 2 or 3 on the front, so I wanna make sure thats right....

I guess I'm paranoid, although its only been a week, I have stuck with it and haven't cheated =) I just so wanna lose the weight and make sure I am following this right....The scale doesnt show that much weight loss in the one week period..... Maybe like 2 -3lbs if even....

I know they say u can eat as much meat, cheese, and eggs as you want......But how do you know if it is too much? For instance, the sausage says 1 carb on the back, but it has sugar in the ingriedients =/

Is there any place I can find liek an outline of what I **should** be eating daily to lost the most optimal amount of weight?

Well, this is long enough, sorry to go on and bore, but I think overall I need support...hehe

Hope to get to know you all well, and help out where I can....

Stay well all and GL and thanks,

Toe
Sponsored Links