Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 06:53

Plan: TSPII
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Day 1 and my history

Hi all you Beiners!
I'm a 44 year old wife and mother of 3 teenagers. I have a 25 year history of anorexic/bulimic behavior. I quit that about 5 years ago. I quit the party scene about a year and a half ago. Ever since quitting those behaviors I have put on about 30-35 pounds which I would like to rid myself of. I still smoke, drink about 4 cups of caffienated coffee a day and eat very small amounts of sugar. Still binge on sugar maybe 3 times a year during PMS time. Used to binge on sugar alot!!!
I've read both TSP and TSP11 and have her cookbook. She has always made sense to me but I was never in the right frame of mind to follow through with her plan. I feel I am ready to take charge of my health now. I have alot of things to heal so I plan to take baby steps. I know I would get overwhelmed and quit again if I tried to do it perfectly. I have a very strong perfectionistic background.
I have an appointment with a new OB/GYN tommorrow. I chose her because she's young and female. I'm hoping she will be receptive of Dr. S's work and order some lab work on me. I'm certain with my background and my addictions that my adrenals are way wacked out! I'm leaning twords thinking that I'm insulin resistent, but not certain.
I am starting the insulin resistent with burned out adrenal glands eating program today and will change if I find out differantly. I plan to follow the food plan for 2 weeks and then quit the nicotine. (That's going to be a tough one! I don't think the green tea she suggests is going to cut it, but I'm really ready to change my life so who knows?) After the nicotine, goes the sugar (should'nt be too tough, since I'm not eating much of this anyway.) Then the caffeine. This will be a long process, and that's going to be the toughest part. Sticking with this without seeing the immediate results you see in the other plans. But this ones going to be permanent. I also plan to replace my cardio workouts with resistance/adaptive for now.
I guess what I would like is some input from those of you whohave been following this plan for awhile. Do I sound like I'm on the right track?
Looking forward to getting to know you all better,
Jean
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 13:47

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 194/188.9/165 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Jean

You sound like you are def. on the right track. First of all realizing it will take awhile means you are already ahead of the game. So many want overnight success. I used to be one of them. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and very easly get down on myself. I am taking it slow this time around. Everytime I think I have failed I put it out of my mind and keep getting back on track. It has been 6 months that I have actively been participating in this WOL. I weaned myself off my anti-depressant first. I quit smoking 4 months ago it was hard but it was well worth it and it is something I still deal with daily but alot less these days. I have cut back on sugar. I no longer drink diet drinks.Eating more veggies,less carbs.I am not yet willing to give up my coffee. I have stopped drinking alcohol in large amounts (4-5 drinks 2-3 times per week!) I am not perfect I have only lost 10 pounds but I have enthusiasm to keep going. I feel 100% better. I want to do my workouts...I want to cook healthy meals. It is a slow but definite change. You will see! I am 32 years old have three kids 15,13,and 9. I too suffered from bulima as little as three years ago and it is something that still haunts me. Just take the baby steps cause over time they add up.