Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:00

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default 1/2 bag of 1 oz. chips - 7 grams carbs - How do you resist temptation.

I'm so weak. Temptation. How do you resist temptation. What do you guys do to resist. I wasn't even hungry. I know 7 grams is not a lot, but it can lead to disasterous results, especiallly (sp?) when its carb laden foods.

Well, I don't feel defeated, but it's difficult.

Back to work!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:05

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Try to eat something with a fair amount of protein when you want something you shouldn't have. Like macadamia nuts, or a burger, chicken....
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:13

BF:

I think my biggest problem is not having those items prepared in advance. In addition, the feeling of deprivation. Thanks for responding. I do appreciate the support.

I will continue to strive on.

Dinner: 1 big huge rib-eye steak w/ sauteed onions.

Can't wait!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:14

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

To be honest....

I eat a lot of fat. No really. Fat keeps me from getting hungry so when I see things like donuts, brownies, bag of potato chips, chocolate or whatever else may be sitting around I really have no desire to have it.

Believe it or not, after 15 months on the plan I actually crave salads. I went a couple of weeks without one, eating mostly just frozen type veggies because I didn't get to the store. He would ask me "what do you want for dinner" umm salad. I really want a salad

Tastes change Give it time.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:21

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Keep it up mystery, you're doing well! I keep plenty of snacks (celery sticks, cucmber slices, strawberries, cheese) around for when I feel like picking. Olives are good too.

Lol, agonycat, I know what you mean about salad craving. I went a week without having salad cause I was too lazy to make one. I think I got burnt out on salads when I was on induction. (I teeter between induction and OWL-I like macadamias and strawberries too much)
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:25

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLotus
I keep plenty of snacks (celery sticks, cucmber slices, strawberries, cheese) around for when I feel like picking. Olives are good too.

Lol, agonycat, I know what you mean about salad craving. I went a week without having salad cause I was too lazy to make one.

I see you eat your salad in phases with the "snacks".

Isn't it the darnest thing? If someone told me a year ago I would crave, literally die to have a salad I would have really thought them bonkers.

Mystery you are doing wonderful. Just don't give in to those cravings and pretty soon your body will start craving healthy things. Like SALAD!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:46

BF:

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

I wonder what it is that makes me eat when I'm not hungry, think of food more when I'm changing my life style and have mental and physical reactions to food. I wonder if that is a sign of a true carb addict? I'm not sure. Why can't I be normal? Why does food have to be the center of my life? This is the worst feeling.

I know I sound down, but I'm just wondering how I can overcome such a strong addiction to food. Like most of the psychologist say "maybe it's in my past". I have a hard time believing that, but maybe there is some truth to that. Well, my intake today was about 13 carbs so far. Not bad, and I'm in moderate ketosis. I'm afraid to check the scale, I don't want to be disappointed. Sorry for laying all this on you guys this afternoon.

Once again, thanks !
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:48

BF:

I forgot to add that I fell off the wagon for about 2 months, so I'm back on induction - day 3. Maybe that's why I have the mood swings and feelings of deprivation.

#9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:57

Quote:
Originally posted by mystery2u
I forgot to add that I fell off the wagon for about 2 months, so I'm back on induction - day 3. Maybe that's why I have the mood swings and feelings of deprivation.

That may have something to do with how you are feeling. Just yesterday I cut out all dairy and nuts out of my diet. I feel like I am back on induction. I have been light headed, dingy almost with the darnest headache. Guess what that means? It's gotta be the cheese because I never was a nut addict before starting this WOL.

Just hang in there It only lasts a couple of days before we get back to feeling great again.