Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 08:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/177/167
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default The scale finally moved!!!

To all the newbies out there, take heed! Don't give up!!

I've been on this WOL for almost a month. I lost 8 pounds the first two weeks and then nothing since, although I've been following the plan VERY closely. I've lost a couple inches (although not where I would've liked...) and today the scale finally moved again (down). And this is AFTER I had THREE double-cheeseburgers last night (two for dinner, one in the middle of the night). I've been averaging 1700-2100 calories a DAY - SOOOO much more than any low-fat, low-cal meal plan, I'm feeling great, and I just wanted to share.

And to think, all that and it's finally Friday too! Yippee!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 14:37

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks! I needed that! REALLY bad!

Great timing!

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/175/140
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default me2

Ditto.

I lost 8lb during induction, promptly regained 3 and have been stuck since then.

My hubby decided to join me 5 days ago. He cheated (ate nuts & drank beer) and lost 5 lbs.

I've been sticking with it despite my discouragement. Your message really helps!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/222/170
BF:
Progress: 2%

I have been true to the WOL without cheating.. ever. I eat 2300 calories a day. I drink 100+ oz of water... I exercise at least 30 minutes a day at my target heart range..I use no artifical sugar,no caffine, carbs are between 15 and 20... no more than 4 oz of cheese.. I take vitamin suppliments, even use L-carnitine at 1500 mgs a day. my ketostrips show Moderate... fat to protein to carbs ratio at:
70% fat 2 % carbs 28% protein.
I have lost only 1 pound in 20 days of being perfect to this WOL
But I will never give up...if it takes me a year to lose ten pounds.. I will stay true t this WOL.. the positive motivation for me ..is I have not had to take any diabetes meds since I started this..
I do not know why I am not losing any weight..
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 13:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/185/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

i think i would read the chapter about metabolic resistance and also look at fat grams. i know, fat isn't supposed to matter, but according to the book, if you aren't losing, aren't metabolically resistant to weight loss, then cutting out some fats can help.

Page 184 in the hardcover edition of dandr, "you might study your response to eating less food, smaller portions, fewer calories, less calorically-dense foods (i.e., lower fat) Perhaps ou were seduced by the concept of "eat all it takes', which you may have interpreted as "eat all you want," and the two means of determining your optimal quantities may be quite different. For you, the most effctive strategy might be to say to yourself, "I'll eat just enough that I'm physically free of intolerable hunger signals, an no more."

hope this helps.