Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 23:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/190/110
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile introducing.....Me!!!

Hello... I'm fairly new to this web-site and I'm am just sooo glad there is a place where I can vent and relate with people who are in the same boat as I am.... I guess I'll start off by introducing myself..my life... which ever...

My name is Analynn, I am 27 years old and live in the Bay Area.

It all started at the very young age of 3. My parents had divorced and all of a sudden I BLEW up.. by the time I went into 3rd grade I was already 120 pounds from there it was a blur but after that going into Jr. High I remember i weighed around 180. I Remember that weight because when I was in the 7th grade I had gone back to the Philippines for a vacation with my father. My 1st cousin who I havn't seen since the year before was Amazingly THIN... She had also became a model for a major clothing line company in the Philippines... I remember her asking me (Mind you I was only 12 years old) If I wanted to take this "diet drug" that she had used to lose all her weight. (she was 18) I said yes before she could finish the sentence.....stupid me... She ended up taking me to the barrio/ghetto areas of the Philippines..Keep in mind that in my 12 year old brain I'm thinking of a diet drug like the grapefruit diet drug, or dexatrim....She brings me to some scum bags house... And that was the first time I ever tried ICE... aka crank, crystal meth.. Oh yea I lost weight about 30 pounds in 1 month ... but ... that had opend up a door that brought me thru ups and downs of weight battles... depending on uppers... to lose weight.... and so forth...I have tried everything... from Jenny Craig, weight watchers, Phen-fen, everything..... Then I found the Atkins diet... I had heard about it ten years ago but Me being Filipino and Rice being almost like the Center of our Culture I laughed and thought "oh hell no" How could you not eat rice?!!
so my weight countinued to go up and down more up than down... my highest I weighed was 278, at that point I told myself I'm going to die FAT..I would just have to except that this is how my life is going to be, and thats that. I developed diabetes as well.... And for awhile I excepted that also... Then one day my co-worker brings in a picture of herself from a year prior... and there was a huge diffrence she had lost around 150 pounds and I asked her what she did .... She told me she did the Atkins diet... and from seeing her picture and seeing her now I told her I would give it a try.... that was on January 18th 2002... I started at 235 and as of April 14th, 2002 I am now down to 190 my goal weight is to go down to 110. My whole Life has changed ever since I started doing the atkins diet... Not only have I lost around 45 pounds... I no longer inject insulin!!! I used to inject about 3 to 4 times a day!!!! I'm more active than ever....Everyday someone makes a compliment on how much I have lost, a funny thing too is that I am on track with my bills!! ... Literaly my whole life has changed... Well its getting late but again I am just sooo happy that there is a place where I can relate with others!! And also seek advice from.... Sorry if my story/introduction is too long... but thanks for reading!!
Analynn (~.~)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 02:25

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Analynn

Welcome to this forum and particularly for sharing your experiences with us. You will be an inspiration to many joining this site on what can be done with a little perserverence.

Your story shows not only that you can loose weight, but the health benefits that low carbing can bring.

I am sure that you are pleased that you have discovered this way of live now, rather than in 10 to 20 years time, as many of us do. You have a long, and hopefully healthy, live ahead of you.

Congratulations on the 45 pounds lost so far. I wish you every success in reaching your goal.

I look forward to hearing more from you on this site and would encourage you to give others, with questions, the benefit of your experience.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 13:48
Malia1963

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Analynn...What are you eatting???

Aloha Analynn
Honey you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work.
Please, please, please........tell me what you are eatting?
I just started. I have read the book and I do better if someone will just tell me what they are eatting and NOT eatting.
Im so happy for you.
Im 5'7" I started at 181 Im at 176 and my goal weight is 145.
I hope to chat with you on AOL.
Congradulations!!!!!!
Malia
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 01:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/190/110
BF:
Progress: 33%
Talking

Thank you!!!
I hope I will be an insight to others on this forum just like they have been to me!!

I know the both of you will Do great And be a great inspiration to others as well.. Its funny... sometimes I just feel like I have a secret and it's a very simple secret on how to lose weight.. If I only Knew this when I was 18!!

As for what I am eating....
I found a low carb tortilla that is only 3 grams of carbs.. it comes in regular wheat or garlic and herb flavor... It was in the tortilla section of Safeway (i'm not sure if you have safeway in hawaii)
but it's basically A normal everyday grocery store....
I usually eat one or two of them for dinner with the main course..
If I get tierd of it... I switch to Romain lettuce and put my favorite meat/poultry and roll them up to mini burritos finger food size...

Meats... I must say I am a Meat-eater soo this diet is perfect for me!! I make Chicken and Pork adobo with Soy Sauce* and Vinegar* with NO sugar... (make sure you read the nutrition labels,some brands have sugar and some don't)

Or Baked Salmon marinated with a squeeze of lemon soy sauce and then i top it with mayonaise mixed with onions and tomatoes* (only amount permitted if on induction)

High protein Meat loaf..
1 pound of ground beef, 1 pound ground pork, 2 eggs, onions, garlic (chopped small) and Crushed ChiCharon, salt pepper, and anything for taste with no carbs... I top the meat loaf with strips of bacon then bake it for about 45 around 350 degrees... umm good ** use it with the low carb tortillas***

these are just some of the things that i cook for my family...that I truly enjoy... it's pretty easy once you get the hang of low carb cooking you start getting creative and making up your own recipes....

oh and for snack ... I get about 10 - 12 pieces of chicharon and shredded Cheddar cheese and put in microwave for about 30 sec... or until cheese is melted... then I put sour cream or a guacamole sauce (about 2 tblsp) Umm perfect snack...

I hope some of these receipes help... let me know and tell what you think if you try it!!!

Ma halo!!
Analynn (~.~)