Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 16:50

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Question Options For Life

I am curious about what ya'll are doing as far as implimenting the Options For Life . (CALP, chapter 6)

I think I am ready to add an Option to my Life.

The Chromium Option was easy. I did that months ago.

The MSG Easing Option...... well, I try to follow that one as well as I can. Maybe I should work on doing this option better.

The Over-The-Counter Remedy Timing Option..... guess I am lucky...... that one doesn't affect me since I don't take anything.

Breaking The Sugar-Substitute Connection Option ...... got that one down pat. Was easy for me since I never had these anyway.

The Complex-Carbo Option...... I try to follow this one most of the time. (CALP, page 151)

The Caffeine Reducing Option.... This is easy for me now. I consume NO caffeine. I gave up my nasty Diet Coke Habit a year ago.

The Food Frequency Reducing Option..... This option asks you to "respond to your body's need for food rather than old rules that may have dictated when you should eat." I actually have the opposite problem. I need to make sure to ALWAYS eat a good reward meal. Sometimes I have a "brunch" instead of breakfast & lunch. So I guess I do okay here.

Down to two options....

The Stress Reducing Option which I would love to have input from others on, and .....

The Activity and Movement Option ..... well, I am a very active person, but do not take the time for regular exercise. Any good suggestions from non-treadmill savy folks? I do like to walk. We usually hike in the desert for 2-3 hours each weekend, but now that it is hot and the rattlers are out our hikes are on hold for the summer. I am not a consistent exerciser. I usually start something and stick with it short term before giving it up. Shame on me, I know.

I think I wrote a novel. LOL.... but I would enjoy hearing how you have found success or trouble with these Options For Life.

Libby
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 11:49

BF:
Default options for life? anyone?

Hey.... I am bringing this back to the top of the list because I want your imput on how ya'll are doing with the Options.

Any feedback?

Libby
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 14:26

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default more water less sweetner

I do not have the calp book .......so i do not know the options...i will continue to drink more water and cut down on sweetners.....at cm's
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 09:49

BF:
Default Options for my life.

Okay, I have been working on my Options. I want so very much to reach my goal and STAY THERE forever. If doing these options will help me then I shall give it my all.

Stress..... how do you combat stress? It's there in everything you do, every day. How can I find the best thing for me to get away from the stress? Free time? Maybe a walk without kids, a hike without worries, a bath without interuptions?

I dunno...... but I am working to find the ways.

Libby
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 09:51

BF:
Default what are the Options?

lowco.....
I listed them in my first post.

Now I am trying to work on them all. No easy task........but where there is a will, there is a way.

Libby
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 12:25

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Lightbulb Options

Hi Libby, I'm working on all the options EXCEPT the caffeine. I'm not giving up my coffee. I drink it weak and straight, and it hasn't affected me.

The stress thing. I recently got out my paints and am getting serious about painting again. That has always been my lifesaver. My whole life seems to change for the better if I paint. This neighborhood drives me absolutely nuts. It's way too crowded and I don't do well with noise. My paints won't get packed till I know for sure we move in a few days.

Yesterday, we were on our way to go shopping and it had been a glorious day. In the parking area was the neighbor's "houseguest's" sister with their 2 little kids and she was hysterical because her boyfriend had broken her windshield. She was standing there screaming, crying, her little boy was in the backseat of the car saying "let me out." Her brother's daughter was at the back car door, trying to see her cousin. There are 5 people living in that condo and the little girl is expressing their stress.

After we were on our way, I kept having chest pains and wanting to cry. We'll be much more careful in housing selection next time. Taking a walk, looking at flowers really helped. I know, a novel. Sorry. Be very aware of what stress is doing to your body and how you used to handle it. Especially the ache you get in your stomach, from stress.

Beverley