Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 15:42

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 138.6/132/103.4
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default desperate

hi everyone,

Yes, I've just started my low carlb program today. Minutes ago, just browsed through some postings. Wow, incredible, some people "DO" making progress. Some "DO" loss what? thirty, fifty pounds...I don't know whether I can do that...Christmas is coming and I'll be in Birmingham...definitely eating and eating...
I don't want to put on any weight but my problem is I do not have the perservance of losing weight. I've tried thousand times to lose weight, but I missed food. If I'm hungry, I can't concentrate on my work...I get annoy easily...Hunger seems to appear in my brain all the time!!! How can I deal with these?

Have a nice Friday, everyone...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 16:05

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Low carb is not low calorie - hunger should not be a problem! That is one of the great things about this way of eating.
I encourage you to visit the journals section and then start your own. It is an excellent motivational tool. Also, it gives other members a way to offer suggestions and offer support. Also, read all you can about whatever plan you are following. The better informed you are the more you will have faith that low carb works.
Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 16:43

BF:

Hi Atriana,

Thx for your advice. Are there any high protein fruits (or suitable fruit) that I can take? (But not grapefruit, my stomach can't afford sour food) Any good advice for breakfast?

Cheers
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 17:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You are doing Protein Power, correct? Protein Power gives you a slightly higher carb allowance than does Atkins.
For breakfast there is eggs, of course. Cooked any way you like them. If you don't have time in the morning to fix breakfast, hardboil some the night before and put them peeled in a zip lock. In the morning just cut them up, put a pat or two of butter on them and nuke them until hot. Another quickie breakfast is a protein shake of some sort (check the carb count - they are not all low carb. Yogurt and cottage cheese also work on Protein Power - again check the label for carb counts. If you stick to eggs and meats, you will have a carb allotment left for fruit. Berries and certain melons are the lowest in carbs as far as fruits go. Look in the recipes section for mock danish, if you are craving a sweet type of breakfast. It is good and quick to make. Breakfast for me is the most boring of meals. Think outside the box. There is no reason you can't eat something you would normally eat for lunch at breakfast time.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 02:55

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Fatty and welcome to this forum.

Atriana has already given you some very good advice. There is no reason to feel hungry on a low carb diet, infact it is a long time since I experienced genuine hunger.

The first thing to do is to make sure that you are eating enough. Do not try to do low calorie, it will not work, in fact it will hinder your progress as this will slow your metabolism down still further. Make sure you are having at least 1300 calories a day.

For breakfast of a weekend I always have eggs and bacon, but for breakfast during the week it has to be portable, as I eat when I get to work and has to be cold. I take things like chicken wings, pate and crackers, smoked mackeral fillets, hardboiled eggs, cheese, cooked meats. If you look at my journal you will see my daily menus in there and that might give you some ideas.

You asked about fruit. I tend to have 2 pieces of fruit a day as my daily carb allowance is around 50 g. At the moment I am eating kiwi fuits at lunch time and in the evening a slice of honey dew melon with Greek yoghurt. I have also eaten plums and apricots and of course strawberries - but they don't keep long in the fridge. You can buy frozen raspberries too. Apples, bananas and oranges tend to have more carbs than you want, so I avoid them, unless you are able to share them with someone else.

I love low carbing and have been living this way for 16 months now.

Hope that helps.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 13:44

BF:
Default To Atriana & Anne

Dear Atriana & Anne,

Wow, I don't know I can have such a variety range of choices for breakfast...Yes, kiwi, melon and yoghurt are my favourites. I'm afraid I don't eat butter and bacon...though I know they're tasty...Okay, I know what to prepare for tomorrow...

Thanks so much...