Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:41

Plan: CKD
Stats: 130/125/115-110
BF:
Progress:
Question Ladies - A question that needs to be answered...

Hey everyone! I am on the eighth day of induction, and I thought things were going really well. On Sunday I woke up, and had lost 2 more pounds (making that 7 all together)! Then yesterday morning, I had stayed the same weight as the day before, and this morning I had gained a pound.

I haven't been eating anything differently from any day previous, so I am wondering why I may have gained weight...

The only thing I can come up with is that I get my monthly friend tomorrow, and I usually get bloated right before. Do you think this is the reason? I am freaking out here! I have worked so hard this past week, and I know it is only a pound, but still... Is this possible?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:46

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

It is totally impossible to gain a pound of fat over night.

The weight you gained is water retention. It will go away. You may have eaten something that was a bit salty or had nitrates in it.

Relax
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:48

Plan: CKD
Stats: 130/125/115-110
BF:
Progress:
Cool Thanks!

Thanks! I just needed to be reaffirmed. I had a feeling that I was probably retaining water. I just get so excited in the morning when I see that I lost a pound or so!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:51

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Jenn,
I noticed that the plan you are following is a CKD. Have you checked out the CKD forum in the Exercise Forum? How are you doing with the CKD? I am doing the CKD also.

Best of luck to you!
Linda
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jenn,

You may want to have a look at this thread. It will clear up any anxiety you may have.

Weighing In!

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 11:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

TOM plays a huge roll in monthly weight gain for women. I am always up 2 pounds for about 3 days before until its done. Some woman gain at least 5 pounds. Its not fair but we have to deal with it..lol