Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 16:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/122/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Wine and loss of taste for

Ok so I used to love, and i do mean LOVE, drinking wine (white wine) and champagne. I have been on again off again Atkins for about 4 years now. When I started Atkins I did enjoy wine still once in a while. I decided I should stop drinking alcohol completly a few months ago, due to the fact THAT EVERY TIME I drink alcohol it makes me crave sweets and carbs so bad that I always give in. I know Atkins says are taste will change, but I just never thought I would lose my taste for wine. I used to love Chardonays, and then those became too much of a strong taste to me, so I started drinking lighter wines such as Sauvignon Blanc and Fume Blanc. Yesterday I had half a bottle of wine, (Fume Blanc) after not drinking for quite some time. Not only did it not taste good to me at all, but I began having uncontrollalbe stomach cramps, and just felt aweful. I still feel aweful the next day. I think i'm gonna have to just give up wine and champagne cold turkey now.

Just my thoughts, and wondering if anyone else has observed that they have lost there taste for wine.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I was never a big wine drinker but I have definitely lost my taste for a LOT of things I use to love. It is an amazing thing to me.