Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 18:03
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Question Carbolite Chocolate Question

Today I polished off my LAST two Carbolite bars. I need to add these to my CHAP List. That's my Can't-Have-ANY-PERIOD List. I know absolutely no control when it comes to protein bars, carbolite candy, peanut butter and nuts of all kinds. It's that "in moderation" thing that I've never learned the meaning of. Know what I mean? So now that they're history.. except for the inevitable gas that should hit me any time now.

Well... even though I've eaten them all up, I still have a question for you. I know that sugar substitutes... as found in Carbolite candy... makes some people stall. This is pretty much a proven fact. However... does it also cause you to go OUT of ketosis? I haven't been in ketosis for days now... and all I can figure to blame is these dang Carbolite bars.
What do you think? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 18:20
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Ketosis - shimosis! LOL! No seriously - if you are losing and it helps keep you happy with your WOL God Bless.

But if you are stalled then you have to remove from your diet.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 20:35
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
I know that sugar substitutes... as found in Carbolite candy... makes some people stall.
Right, and that's the very reason they're knocking you out of ketosis. You may very well be one of the people who are affected by sugar alcohols. Give them up for a time (or forever) and see for yourself if it makes a difference. I know it's easier said than done, I'm having a hard time right now myself. I'm really proud of you for giving up those things you KNOW you can't handle.

Your body loves you for it and will pay you back in spades!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 13:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/143/135
BF:??/25%/20%
Progress: 84%
Unhappy I had to give them up too!!

As much as I love these bars more than any other low carb snack out there, I had to stop eating them. One bar, would give me gas for the entire day. I'm not sure if they stalled my weight loss or not because I started eating them during that time of the month and then stopped.

They're so addictive. They taste just like a candy bar and they're so small, so you're tempted to have another one. If you can handle the gas and you're still losing weight, more power to ya!!

If not, kick 'em to the curb.

-E
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 17:45
Registered Member

Plan: Eades
Stats: 278/236/181
BF:44%/33%/14%
Progress: 43%

The Dark Chocolate doesn't bother me gas wise, but the new smaller bars with caramel affect me in a huge way.... but they are so darn tasty. I try to have them after work to avoid the embarressment.