Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 12:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/202/125 Female 66in
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default 1st yr wedding anniversary april 4th

Hey guys, I have a serious question. My one yr wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend, my husband and i are planning on going out of town for the day. We dont know where we're just going and getting away without the kids.

My question is this: If i know we will be eating out and it is a special once a yr day should i just go ahead and plan on eating more carbs? I ask this cause if i dont and i do overeat carbs i will be very upset with myself. I guess i just need to know what some of you guys think. Is it better to plan for the overlimit or to say your not going to do it and then fail. I may have just answered my own question but I'd still like to know what some of you think! I don't want to go off the woe and i know my hubby will not do anything intentional to trip me up. He will support whatever i want to do!!!!

thanks for the help
brandi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:11
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I think it's better to plan for the cheat; that way, it'll be easier to get back on plan. It won't be a likely to turn into a three-week carb binge!

That said, I don't think cheating is really worth it, but if you want to, plan ahead. Decide now what you're going to have, and don't overindulge in portion sizes. I'd recommend choosing one item. Don't go for the baked potato, breaded seafood and giant slice of cake. Just get one of those things, if you can help it. It can still feel indulgent, but you won't be going whole-hog.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:16
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 135/120/120 Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations on the big 1st year!! My anniversary is on April 5th. I plan on cheating for dinner, but I will be extremely extremely carful for the day before that and the day of.

Also, I wouldn't go all out just incase you feel sick after and bloated, you wouldn't want to ruin the anniversay night now would you???
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:22
Diet Cokeaholic

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz09
Also, I wouldn't go all out just in case you feel sick after and bloated, you wouldn't want to ruin the anniversary night now would you???

That's a great point. The few times I've cheated (intentionally and unintentionally) I've ended up with a fierce headache for the rest of the day. Not exactly romantic...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:29

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%

My anniversary is April 20 (our second) and I am not planning to cheat, but I think you should plan to do it and not just end up doing it. I went on vacation last week and ate and drank anything I wanted. The alcohol is what did me in, I had real beer regularly. Anyway I gained 5 lbs as of this past Sunday and as of this morning 4 of them are gone. Mostly water weight. Cheat if you want to but don't beat yourself up about it, just get right back on track!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:32

BF:

Thanks guys for the quick response...There were some valid points in there that i hadn't considered. Mainly the headaches and bloating....your right not romantic! LOL

I guess it is important to say that i know what my cheat was going to be...not pasta or potatoe but tiramisu. That is my very favorite thing in the whole world. Of course we also have our wedding cake frozen so i will be "forced" to take a bite at that, but im sure it wont be too tasty anyway...lol
thanks guys!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:33
Diet Cokeaholic

BF:

If you want to go off-plan, enjoy a serving of tirimisu and get right back on plan. You'll be fine. Keep some Tylenol handy just in case you get that sugar-rush headache!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 15:34

Plan: My Way!
Stats: 293/273/250 Female 5'8
BF:too darn much!
Progress: 47%

CONGRATS on the ONE YEAR!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 15:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/171/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

You know what? Don't even consider it a "cheat"...that sometimes leads to more cheating. Eat that pc of tiramisu. Drink a bunch of water and move on. You won't gain a pound, I bet. Just eat that one thing, enjoy it, drink water. Then stay on plan.

Happy Anniversary!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 16:02

Plan: 00
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 00
BF:
Progress: 10%

I say go for it - lilypad830. This is a special occasion and one day off this WOE should not do much damage (depending on what you eat).

Congrats on the first of many.

AC
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 16:48
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'll probably be bood, but I vote be careful. A plate full of pasta, some tiramisu, and wedding cake could add up to a major tummy ache which would put a damper on the evening.

Instead share a piece with your husband, enjoying a few bites. For dinner start with a large salad, then have a moderate carb dinner. You might also check out the CAD forum and book, and maybe look into following it's rules for your week surounding that day.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 17:20

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Ditto Hilary and LadyBelle.

Happy anniversary too!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 18:26
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%

My mom just whined at me. I'm getting married in 3 months, and I insist on having low carb things available for me. I also don't plan on actually eating my wedding cake. (The whole point is for my man to shove it all over my face anyway, isn't it?)

She replied, "Come on, Bree. It's your own wedding!"

Well, that's a pretty slippery slope. First it's my wedding, then it's my birthday, then it's Thanksgiving, then it's any other Holiday, then it's my anniversary, then it's sunny outside, and next thing I know I'm eating garbage again.

I don't care how big the day is, I'm not on a diet. I've cut sugar out of my life because it's making me sick and slowly killing me. *shrugs* Maybe, someday, if I weigh my goal weight I'll be able to enjoy some things I missed. But not much, because I'm a sugar junkie, and one bite is NEVER one bite.

But that's just me. I'm terrified of living the rest of my life unhealthy.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 18:46

BF:

Thanks for all of the imput!
Ladybelle, i wasn't going to eat pasta, tiramisu and wedding cake...just the tiramisu and maybe one bite of the year old frozen cake for good luck! Thank goodness i'm not a pasta, potatoe loving person or i just might get into real trouble. Thanks for all of your advice and concern. GOOD STUFF!
Brandi
PS
THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES ON THE 1ST ANNIVERSARY...IT MEANS ALOT TO ME!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 18:49

BF:

Me again... I will let everyone know for sure how i did on monday. I plan on telling my husband no matter what i decide not to let me over do it.
bran