Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.5/180.4/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile HOT TIP (for the ladies)

Having lost a bit of weight I had noticed that I was having trouble filling my bra (Anyone remember the Pringles can thread? Boy, can I relate.) I had told myself that when I reached my short term goal I would reward myself with some new ones.

Well today, I couldn't stand it any more so went and bought two new bras - a whole size smaller than usual (and they fit!!) and BOY does it make a difference! It was a huge boost to my morale to see myself appear instantly slimmer in the fitting room mirror.

When my DH walked in tonight the first thing he said was that I was looking great and the second thing he said was that I looked like I had lost some more weight. I haven't - at least not according to my nasty, mean scale - but what a nice feeling that was!!! Another big morale boost!

So my tip is ... if you've dropped a few pounds and haven't already thought of it - GET BRAS that FIT!!! Those old ads about giving you a younger looking figure just might be right after all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 09:52

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: HOT TIP (for the ladies)

Quote:
Originally posted by sharon8
Having lost a bit of weight I had noticed that I was having trouble filling my bra (Anyone remember the Pringles can thread? Boy, can I relate.) I had told myself that when I reached my short term goal I would reward myself with some new ones.

Well today, I couldn't stand it any more so went and bought two new bras - a whole size smaller than usual (and they fit!!) and BOY does it make a difference! It was a huge boost to my morale to see myself appear instantly slimmer in the fitting room mirror.

When my DH walked in tonight the first thing he said was that I was looking great and the second thing he said was that I looked like I had lost some more weight. I haven't - at least not according to my nasty, mean scale - but what a nice feeling that was!!! Another big morale boost!

So my tip is ... if you've dropped a few pounds and haven't already thought of it - GET BRAS that FIT!!! Those old ads about giving you a younger looking figure just might be right after all!

Great advice Sharon I notice that is the first place I lose weight and for anyone who would like a good chuckle am attaching the link to the thread called "Saggy Boobs" that Sharon mentioned above...B

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ght=Saggy+boobs
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 13:44
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation Boob deflation.....

is about the only thing I DON'T look forward to when I get to goal again.

But pretty well-fitting bras can make all the difference (when you have clothes on that is!) Fortunately,my husband says big or small, he likes my breasts anyway at all! LOL

Thanks for posting the link to the old "Pringles Can thread" Bonnie. That one oughtta be a sticky, it's so funny!

ttfn
amie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 07:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: Boob deflation.....

Quote:
Originally posted by amieK
[Thanks for posting the link to the old "Pringles Can thread" Bonnie. That one oughtta be a sticky, it's so funny!

ttfn
amie [/B]

amie...yes we had a blast with that thread eventually did find the cartoon I was referring to about "Why Women Shouldn't Bungee Jump" and posted it in our LC Cruisers Motorcycle Mania Thread as anything goes over there will attach the link for the page it is posted on BUT if anyone is easily offended by a cartoon of a naked woman don't go there

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...5&pagenumber=20
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 00:41
Carol CA

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Oh! You guys are just toooo funny! I love it here! My kinda people! The Pringles Can thread was hilarious! Reminds me of my dear old dad... rest his sweet soul. He used to tease my mom saying that her tits were like socks with lemons in the toes! Life just isn't fair, I tell ya!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 08:31
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default A trip to Vicky"s

When I have had a good week I reward myself with a trip to Vicky's IE. Victoria secrets. For the first time in a very very long time like 20 plus years I own more bras that actually fit me. I have gone from coming out of a 42 DD to between a 36-38 D. The smallest I was ever was a 36 C That was in junior high. So reward yourselfs go for new bras. It will make you feel like a million bucks.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 11:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

You've persuaded me. I think I've dropped a bra size (38C to 36?), but was telling myself that I could manage with the ones I'd got.
That's all the encouragement I need to go out and treat myself!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 20:13
Carol CA

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Talking

I have to agree here. For sure! Luckily, I saved a couple of sexy bras that haven't fit me for a long long time. For the past couple of years I've been wearing sports bras... you know... the Brandy Chastain type with the Nike logo. They really ARE comfy... but they tend to fuse one's boobs... and make them look like a single speed bump! A couple of weeks ago, I was rooting through my underwear drawer and pulled out this bra that I'd forgotten I even had. The underwires layed flat against my body... and it was nice to see LACE for a change. You're so right... it made me look thinner, and it just plain ol' felt good! I've never shopped at Victoria Secrets... but you can bet that I will be just as soon as I'm small enough!

Another thing about being heavy is that all the sexy designs are only made for smaller sizes. I mean... bras in my size have a minimum of 4 hooks! I'm so looking forward to buying the single-hook front closures again!

What an ideal reward, too! Remember when a reward was something to EAT? What could be better than treating yourself to something this personal that makes you look and feel better...and is a gentle reminder of all the good things you are doing for yourself daily? Get out there and go shopping, ladies. I'm right behind ya!