Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 17:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Red face Wow!!!

Hello everyone. Am I ever glad I found this site. A little about myself, I am a Nova Scotianer who likes to sail. I am married with one child and I love food.I am very happy that I am able to have cream in my coffee again. Tried the weight watcher thing and almost starved I can say if I never see TVP again it will be just fine with me. I really look forward to checking in to see what is new as well as checking out what is old. Wow to the WOL.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 17:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Howdy Jo Ann 2

Welcome aboard! I have only been on the Atkin's now for 7 days. I have lost about 6 pounds. This is my second go round with the Atkins diet. I did it in 2000 and was successful losing the weight, but didn't keep it off!
However, I went, then to WW lost the weight their, while starving, I might add, and then gained it all back! So, it is ME which is the problem! I have to learn to follow the books for the Maintainence plans! That is what my goal is this time around!
I think I have come to a stall in my weight loss, so now I am not going to be getting on the scales daily. I don't want to get discouraged.
Sure glad you found this site and so am I! It is the best Low carb site that you could have found!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:31

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi JA-2 - I couldn't STAND weight watchers. Had all my daily point allotment eaten by 9:30 am.

Low carbing was so much easier and besides, like you - I like cream (and butter and meat)

Maintaining on low carb has got to be the easiest maintenance I could imagine. I'm almost never hungry and if I am, I can always eat - never deprive myself. That's so important.

Welcome aboard! Look forward to getting to know you. I like your "Wow to the WOL" too. Here's one for you - "WOE is me."