Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225//145
BF:
Progress:
Default Am I expecting too much in terms of the diet?

I lost 10 pounds the first 2 1/2 weeks, and now I'm stalled again. It's frustrating to know that the moment I ate even a single carb I stall. First two weeks I ate next to nothing in carbs because they are no veggies I like that I could be used. This is really frustrating. I was hoping that I had lost at least 5 pounds in the last week and a half 1/2 but nothing. I guess it's the diet rites/Splenda sweetened koolaide. Do vienna sausages have hidden carbs? How many hidden carbs for hot dogs and bratwursts? They are the only things I can think of that could of hurt me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:29

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Out of that huge list, there are no veggies you like? What veggies do you like?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:29

Stats: 254/221.5/175
BF:
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up

How long have you been LC?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:32
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi!

First of - 10 pounds since may 9 is great! We don't lose all the time, it's impossible. Accept it and this journey will get a lot easier for you.
Second - veggies are mandatory on this WOE, not eating any is not only very unhealthy but can also stop your weight loss.

Patience = success.

Take care and good luck!

Alina
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:38

BF:
Progress:

I like Carrots, Potatoes and beans....Only veggies I'm able to stomach. I may try the more fancy greens that restaurants serve that I like much better. Another thing is I slacked off on water, that may of been the problem not washing the sodium out. I started early May. I just hope I'm not one of the ones who are going to go slow because I'm frustrated because I need to lose about 30 pounds this summer and if I don't I'm going to be so depressed.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I lost 10 pounds on induction (2 weeks), another pound on day 15 and then NOTHING for 3 1/2 weeks. During that time I cut out cheese & splenda soda thinking that was causing the stall but eventually I started losing again and its been steady since (knock on wood). Just have to hang in there. (Note: I've gone back to cheese moderately and some soda with no negative results)
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:53

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

There are 58 vegetables on the approved list. Have you tried every one? Can't you even stomach a salad? What about french fried turnips or mashed cauliflower with butter and cheese?

You will only be depressed if you set yourself up for failure. THIS IS NOT A QUICK WEIGHT LOSS PLAN. It is a quick start plan. Most people average losing around a lb. a week if they do it right.

Put some cheese sauces on your veggies - that can make them more palatable too.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:59

Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Re: Am I expecting too much in terms of the diet?

I hate to say it, but if you want weight loss that will last for life, your gonna' have to learn to like veggies. They are critical. Yes, hot dogs and sausages have carbs. Read the package. Artificial sweetners can cause some people not to lose so well. Not drinking water will cause you to not lose weight. I think we can safely say why you may not be losing. Follow the rules, and like your mamma said, eat your veggies. Quit with the artificial sweetners. And......water, water, water. It truly does work in the process of ridding your body of fat. If you don't drink, you probably won't lose.

Start today as another new beginning......you can do this.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:03

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello, I really think, if you are determined to lose this weight, then you have to be more opened minded about what you can put in your mouth, cause with what your eating /drinking now....................... this diet is'nt going to give you the results you want........ nor will it continue to keep off, what your losing for very long.

There is so many great tasting veggies to pick from, especialy, that you can just plop on top of a salad.

Have you not liked veggies all your life, maybe, you just think you don't like them, just buckle down and give some a try, this is a wonderful way of eating, that will help you lose weight like never before, and it's one you can live with,................. BUT you must feed your body properly in order for it to work.

Don't miss out on it, convince yourself you are just going to reintroduce yourself to some very healthy foods, for your own good The choice is yours

I wish you luck, Kathy
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:10

Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

You know, when I was a kid, "I don't like it" did not get me very far when it came to vegetables...Because "i don't like it" doesn't mean you can't eat it. I can still hear my mother, "Yeah, so? eat it anyway and stop whining."

Now I pretty much love them all with the exception of eggplant (eeewwww).

As an adult, I find it hard to believe you can not eat some of the veggies on the list. You don't have to like it, just eat it!

Caeser salad, cucumbers with ranch? Celery with cream cheese??? Zuchinni thinly sliced and layered with ground beef and/or loose italian sausage and cheese?A salad covered in real bacon bits, and shredded sharp chedder?

With ideas like these, can you even taste the veggies?

Average weight loss on Atkins (I have found) is about a pound a week. The first two weeks is your jump start where you ALSO get rid of all your extra water weight. Atkins also recommends you stay away from processed meats and stick with real food. (Vienna sausages are right up there with eggplant for me. eeeewwww).
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:03

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%

All these guys are right-and don't forget to exercise! I'm convinced, after my own experience, plus others', that it is another critical component-it shrinks and tightens you up, so those inches really do come off! 6 months ago, I though I'd never see size 14 again (I'm 5' 11"). Now that's what I'm buying! And I am a "smaller" 14 now than I ever was before, since maybe high school!!

If you commit to the plan and follow it, it really does work!

#12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:12

BF:
Progress:

I exercise 7 days a week, minimum of 45 minutes, maximum of 2 1/2 hours.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:15

Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi, check your ingredients on the sausage, I haven't found one yet that doesn't have toasted wheat crumbs in them. They also tend to have sugar in them as well. Try making cauliflower potato salad. It's the best, boil your cauliflower mix with sour cream or mayo and bacon bits mash it all together, yummmmmmm. Green beans baked in the oven in butter makes them crispy and sweet.. the are so gooooood. Check the recipes in this forum there are tons of good ideas and all pretty tasty. I get sick of salad real quick so I cut up celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and dip them in blue cheese dressing so i still get my veggies, When you eat an omelette, throw in some mushrooms, green peppers, celery, cheese and eat away, it's great. That way you're getting your veggies but they are covered up with other things.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

YEP....I had the same recommendation:
(BTW: I make my own sausage; no fillers, no salt, no sugar, and its GREAT!)

Anyway: We have a dog...and he will NOT take his pills...so we hide them indise of other goodies he likes and he has no problem taking his pills!

So............

HIDE your VEGGIES inside something you like! That way you get the veggies and not bummed out by them!

Simple!

Roll a slice of roast beef around some peppers and onions...or wrap the roast beef in lettuce...or hide a chunk of broccoli inside a burger...

you get the idea!

Best wishes;
Food-Lovin-Jake

Last edited by mammoth : Mon, Jun-09-03 at 11:19.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:30
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Spinich is a great one for hidding. It can go on eggs, pizza, mixed in with casserols, or any number of ways.