Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 19:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/192.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 16%
Thumbs down hard TOM!!

Ok please tell me this has happened to other ladies. Ok last Tom wasnt this bad....I have been feeling hungry like everyday for the last week, I've been keeping with Dr.A as much as I could, this weekend forget it!! I lost it, Then Monday I went back and today I just feel like I cant fill myself and I crave junk food! I ate Taco Bell today and I felt like I cheater and big fat pig!!!?? I know I shouldnt beat myslef up , but I am! please help will I be punished for this!!!??

lucky for me Tom is like in a couple of days, I want to be back on track I hate this!

thanks for listening
Devil
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 21:41
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Sounds to me like you need to get back into induction. It's hard to stay on-plan during PMS.. but if you don't your cravings will take over, as you're finding out. You can do it! The only punishment is coming from YOU, so you need to take a deep breath and remember, it's only food. It's not bad or good, just as YOU aren't bad or good depending on what you ate today! It's hard to regain control of your eating, but you are the "boss" of your body!

Pick yourself up, FORGIVE yourself for not being perfect...NOBODY is..dust yourself off, and start over. You'll be fine.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 22:15

thanks your kind words helped , i know about the cravings never stopping the longer you go , I wanted to lose weight for a wedding back in may well I stopped one day in March for her buck and doe............think it stopped there NOPE I didnt get back on track till June!!!!!! thats how bad it is to stop for a long period of time LOL.

thanks again
Devil
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 22:19

Plan: mixture
Stats: 193/143/135 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress:

Sheez! Don't beat yourself up! Taco Bell tacos only have 11 carbs each. I remember about 7 years ago when I first started low carbing, I would sneak off to Taco Bell and scarf a couple of tacos. It won't kill you, and sometimes it actually helps to shake up your metabolism. I know when I am in a plateau that I will cheat and eat a fresh peach, or maybe an ear of fresh corn. Somehow that seems to make me feel bad for cheating, but once I get back on track the next day, it seems to have once again caused my body to get back on track and start loosing again. I think the strangest thing is that when I cheat like this, the next am when I weigh myself, I either lost or stayed the same, then after stressing all that day, the next day I see the result of the cheating. Then the third day, I start to once again see significant results.
Good Luck, Remember, it is all about living and not always about loosing.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 09:46

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

hi devil03 - please do not beat yoru self up - I have also dropped off the wagon and am trying to get back on BUT beating yourself up will not help!!

Mine I got drunk and threw up and well just couldn't face food so ate crisps

Anyway it won't be a problem join me in starting induction today - doesn't have to be for 2 weeks just until the cravings stop.

You have done so well though - just try and remember the old you vs the new you - then you will see its worth comtinuing - giving up you KNOW you'll start heading upwards!

Maybe start a journal? that way it won't be so easy to cheat?

I am about to do mine - so feel free to help each other out!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 09:56
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Devil,

Many of us get a little wierd about food at PMS time. It's normal. I find it's best to keep your carbs low, but go ahead and eat more if you're hungry. Treat yourself to a giant bowl of whipped cream (or something) if that'll keep you off the carbs. That usually works for me.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 10:30
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I found to always eat whenever hungry until satisfied (keeping carbs lower like Kristine said) and never had a problem.

In fact this is a perfect time to remember how bad low fat/low calorie diets were.

You are now allowed to eat... without the guilt.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 19:47

thanks everyone you guys are so helpful, I will not go back to my old ways. ewwww no way lol.

thanks again
devil