Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 11:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/205/147 Female 73"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default lose 14lbs in 5 weeks!!!

I'm sick of myself. I keep setting myself tasks to do like re-starting induction because I've gone off the rails a little and then not doing it, so I'm damned determined to lose 14lbs within the next 5 weeks.

I'm getting married on June 8th and I keep telling myself 'gotta lose weight before!' and I've not been trying hard enough to do something about it - is this not big enough an event in my life to make me do something about the 50lbs of fat I'm carrying round that I don't need? I ask myself if I cant sacrifice a little for this, whats wrong with me? Am I just plain weak-willed? (guess who got angry!!)

I can't live like this anymore - bloated, tired, feeling ugly, no confidence. I gotta do something, and I gotta do it now!!!!!

I feel it is a realistic goal as it'd equate to 3lbs a week, and as I've not been strict recently a new induction should give me a kick start! So who knows, anyone wanna bet me to lose more than 14lbs?

PS - I'm not trying to lose weight quickly in a long-term sense so please no-one berrate me for this, it's just something I gotta do for myself. I'm not going to starve myself or take ephedra or anything silly - just good ol' Atkins and exercise
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 04:07
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default You know

I think you can do it!!!! I found that when I have really kept motivated and kept my eyes on the prize that I can do wonders..

Hey I know you can do it!!!!

Think of how great you are going to look in your wedding and how great and confident you will feel!!!!!!

I have found that if I keep things simple eliminate sweet treats and fake foods and eat good protiens nad vegies and salads that the weight seems to motivate

I would really like to lose 9.5 pounds by june 30th i know that is less than you are working on but so close to goal my weight loss is slower..........so lets go

Tell me what things have you decided to do to meet your goal??

I am going to begin walking every day at least some as soon as I get moved in to my new place...WED I move

What are your plans???
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 15:29

BF:

Hiya Bec

I'm going to exercise a whole lot more! I've already been twice this weekend and I feel so good for it!!
Sweet things are a killer for me, so I'm trying to decrease the amount of sweetener I have - I swapped aspartame for sucralose so it won't make me ill in the same way! And I have a lot less of it too. I don't have caffeine any more, I drink a lot more water and I'm measuring foods with carb content a lot more strictly than I used to.

Apart from that I don't really know what else I can do to help me along the way. What sort of things do you do to help yourself?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 16:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'll bet you can do it, you certainly have a great motivational tool. Post your wedding invitation or something on the fridge door and caution yourself to count to 100 before consuming something that wouldn't be in your best interest toward reaching your goal. I'll see if I can do it with you, I'll post my weight tomorrow morning and we'll see what we can do together....
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 17:31

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Thumbs up

yOU SOUND VERY DETERMINED!! Good for you! I feel the same way. I keep thinking ok I messed up I will do better tommorrow and then it never comes. I passed up red velvet cake today and fresh homemade bread! I am excited and I have to remember that once I give in the cravings come back so does bloating etc. It just isn't worth it!!

An old weight watcher saying I heard. (it may be from somewhere else but it is good) Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

I am going to start my exercise again!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 17:43

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

Good Day! I would love to be a part of your challenge...my goal is not to lose 14 pounds ( it is much, much higher) but to stay with my eating plan and incorporate my exercise in to the program...I am doing a different program than atkins and have no idea how much weight I might lose in that period of time. The program focuses on inside health ( very simple explaination) and then the outside will start to take shape as well. Please let me know if it is ok to join...I could use the support and can be very supportive in return. I am only on the first week of my program so I am still in the uncertain area. DramaDame

You can do this...just think how great you will feel...less bloated, more flexible, and you will look great too!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 05:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

ok, weighed in this morning at 236, lets see if we can lose 14 lbs in a little over a month, your wedding day, June 8. Keep us posted on how you do today.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 05:46
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hello

Well your plan sounds right on!!!! Increase exerxise decrease sweetners, fake foods and caffeine. Increase consumption of good whole foods and exercise!!!!

I am down 1/2 pound so 9 to go!!!!!!!

See ya
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 17:43

BF:

I was in for a bit of a surprise today...I did actually lose some weight this week...who knows if this a fluke for the first week on the plan...any way starting week two of keeping on track which is the goal....the count down has begun

Hope everyone has a very successful week!!!
DramaDame
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 21:43

Stats: 194.5/187.5/149
BF:
Progress: 15%

I'm a couple days late, but I'll accept the challenge. I've been on Atkin for three weeks now and have lost 7 lbs. But the last couple of days I've been eating more (including more carbs).

So what's my plan? Keep my carbs close to induction level and walk everyday for 45-60 minutes (or longer?). I'll weigh myself a couple times a week. I don't want to get into a scale mania. And, I'll check in here every night. Oh... and I'll post my food. I don't do that on my own journal, but considering the challenge it might help me stay on track.

Becky, I know you can do this. Just keep your goal in mind. You've already lost over 21 lbs. 14 should be a snap.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 10:26

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

go for it. go for it.

i am attempting to lose another 10-15 lbs. by 5-21-03. approx. 3 weeks.

so consider us both on a challenge. i am going to be super strict with my carbs. only induction carbs allowed no substituting atkins bars or low carb tortillas for the 20 carb total. i am going back to strict induction. thank god for sf jello.

so come on lets go.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 21:56

Stats: 194.5/187.5/149
BF:
Progress: 15%

How's everyone doing tonight? I kept to my plan today=22 carbs, walking, 96 oz. water, but I was at the top of my calorie range (too much cheese). Good thing I'm going out tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Good luck tomorrow.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 02:17

BF:
Default Hello everyone!

Boy am I happy to see so many people here!

Well, so far I've been stricter with my foods - no aspartame or caffeine, etc. Haven't exercised at the gym since Sunday, although I did walk over 2 miles yesterday - I'll go to the gym today, and maybe the pool too

I've only been out of bed for half an hour and I've already had 24oz water! Me back teeth are floating!

I'm trying to get out of my bad habit of weighing every day too, but thats proving harder than anything else! I can't help wanting to know whats going on with my body. Anyone else have that problem?
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 09:52

BF:

Good Day---just checking in to see how everyone is doing on the challenge...hoping that eveyone is keeping up on their programs......think good thoughts about staying the course...I will post again Monday when I review the week and do the dreaded "weigh in".

Have a successful weekend!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 10:54

BF:

Good to see that everyone is so motivated!

I've swapped plans now so I'm on CAD instead of Atkins. I don't know how it's going to go over the next 4 weeks but I'm staying positive! Not aware of any loss yet but Ive only been on it since yesterday