Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 09:32

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 238.4/235.6/160 Female 5'7
BF:soo much
Progress: 4%
Question Gazelle

Wondering if anyone has the workout machine called the Gazelle? And what they thought of it! I was thinking of purchasing one and would love to get feedback before comitting to it!!! Thanks!

Nanc
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 07:59
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%
Post gay-zelle

I like to put this machine in the "infomercial" section with all the others. My little sis has one. She actually LIKES it too.. lol. I'm more of a manly man - lift the iron kinda guy. I tend to be more anti-machine. Anyhow.. the gazelle (tony little) is like any other cardio machine. It's easy to use, it keeps your heartrate up, low impact on knees as it slides instead of steps. I guess the down side would be price. Walmart sells these things for around $200. There's also tapes u can get too.

I suppose if you're locked up in the house or have limited access to something fun like a bicycle or a gym, then this would be ok to suppliment your exercise. I'm not sure how far you'd get using it alone. If you stick to your LC and exercise, you'll definately see faster results.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:05

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 238.4/235.6/160 Female 5'7
BF:soo much
Progress: 4%

Well I walk outside. AS you know the heat has been brutal so have not been till yesterday. Loving that it has cooled off!!!!! I just thought something that I could do besides walking outside. I always join a gym and then never go. Looking for something inside to add to my walking. I will go check out walmart and see how theirs is. Would love to save 200.00. Thanks!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 15:30

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

I just ran across your thread and was wondering if you did buy the gazelle or not?

I have one and love it. Living in Florida and hating the heat there is no way I could walk. Which is my first choice of exercise.

Deana
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 23:15

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%

That is really funny. today I went to Sports Mart, and saw the "Gazelle thing".. I got on it and 10 minutes later i was still waiting to feel anything.. the only thing I could get from it is a streach.. and there are easier ways to streach... I dont thing it is for me...