Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 07:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/137/125
BF:30
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Fell off the Wagon!

Help! I've been Atkins for 6wks. and this weekend I fell off the wagon, I had icecream!!! Sat. & Sunday! I guess I was feeling sorry for myself. I've only lost about 5 lbs. since I started. Now I must pay the price! How long will it take me to get back to where I started? Do I have to start all over again? Also will I gain weight from screwing up those two days? I can't understand how I didn't loose more than 5 lbs. in 6 wks. I never cheated (until now!). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx
Monika
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 16:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Monika. I wouldn't sweat the ice cream - you'll probably gain some water weight from the extra carbs, but unless you ate several gallons, you shouldn't gain fat. No particular need to go back to induction unless you feel it would help you psychologically.

>>"I can't understand how I didn't loose more than 5 lbs. in 6 wks..."

Easy: you're already at a healthy weight. There's nothing wrong with wanting to tone up and slim down a bit, but honestly, no matter what diet you're on, only those who are obese to begin with can expect to lose more than a pound or two per week. Once you're within 20-30 lbs of your goal, weight loss is slow. If you're exercising, it might not even happen at all - you can build muscle and drop a size or two, and you're not necessarily going to see a drop on the scale.

Food for thought.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/137/125
BF:30
Progress: 20%
Smile Thanx Kristine

Hi Kristine! Thank you for answering me! Feel better now. Haven't weighed myself since the icecream incident plus just started TOM! I don't think I'm at my ideal weight. I used to weigh 125lbs. and I really would like to get back to that weight. I know the older you get the harder it is too (just turned 40). I think I'll just keep chugging along and see what happens. I'm not a really big meat eater. I did find veggie burgers and sausage that are between 5 & 6 grams per serving I think that's ok to eat. Thank you again!

Monika