Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 15:45
lorianne

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking hooray!

I was feeling so discouraged because this last week I have been feeling a little out of control with the munchies- eating the right things but overdoing them (splenda sweetened sweets and pumpkin seeds) and I haven't excercised for a few days. I was really feeling worried that I was losing the motivation and was feeling so fat. So I weighed myself, dreading the result! I just had to make sure I hadn't gained a few pounds!

Anyway, the scale said 146 and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm almost at my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might change the goal to 140 because that was too easy!
Before I got pregnant with my 3 year old I weighed 140 for a short time but thought that I would aim for 145 which is what i weighed for a few years.

Anyway, I am so excited I can't stand It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 15:48
lorianne

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default new weight

I just wanted to see what my percent was so I changed the current weight on my info.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 15:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi

Just wanted to drop in and say CONGRATS!.... Boy do I envy you! Send some of that to me...I'm in a Super Stall Anyway, Good Going

Peace, K.C.
Attached Images
File Type: gif bc_cheerldr.gif (4.9 KB, 87 views)
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 19:42
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 169/148/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:**eh**
Progress: 62%

That is awesome that you reached your goal... We are in the same boat. Same start weight. How long has it taken you? The weight is coming off pretty easily for me but I have a time goal as well. lol Going on a cruise in October and would like to be close to my goal. Any suggestions on how you lost it quickly?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 20:10
lorianne

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default reply

I think I started May 1. about 18 weeks ago or so. I lost the first 5 really easily with the Shwartzbein principle. Then I started reading around to find out the differences and feel informed. I liked the promises of Atkins, so decided to try it. I have been on induction most of the time. A couple weeks ago I started adding more carbs slowly ( usually about 5 -10 extra). Last week I felt totally out of control with the munchies. I think the splenda sweetened treats set me off. Anyway, I lost some more anyway. Maybe I have good metabolism- low carb really works for me! I was surprised to find that I still lost after pigging out for a few days (on the right foods). Maybe upping my carbs a bit did help.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 11:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Congratulations!

You must feel like a million dollars! Congratulations. Go buy yourself a new outfit!

kiwi2
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hey Lorianne,
That is really cool. Do you think sometimes our bodies know what their doing? I mean are you going to go back to the lower carbs or stay with the amount you lost this last weight on.

I'm increasing my carbs and calories for the first time today and I already feel fatter just thinking about it.

Nancy
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 23:48
lorianne

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

I weighed today and I reached my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went right out and bought myself two new pairs of pants. The others were hanging on me!

Anyway, I changed my goal to 140 now. I am back to what I was before I had kids, but when we were first married, a year before we started our family, I was 130. So we'll see what happens. I really do think your body knows where it wants to be, because it was so easy to go back 20 lbs. to the weight that I have been for most of my adult life!

I'm scared to add more carbs. This has only taken about 3 months and I am so scared to gain it back! Besides , I am feeling so in control of my body and I want to look hot! So I will start to add here and there slowly but I will see what happens for a couple weeks first. I am enjoying this downhill slide. Most of all though, I just want to tone. I still have a bump on the belly. It's a pot and It has to go!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 169/148/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:**eh**
Progress: 62%

That's awesome! I am really happy for you.

Couple of months I will be making the same post. Can't wait for that day.

Keep up the good work! you will be so excited when you step on that scale and it says ****130*****