Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Sigh! I have more dumb questions...

Okay, got two questions. And yes, I did the "search" but couldn't find the answers, and I am at work so couldn't spend too much time hunting.

1. What is the best time for doing the ketostix? I'm assuming evening, but want to make sure. I bought them over the weeked
and want to start using them.

2. I woke up this morning feeling sooo tired and dragged myself in. They never believe ya when you call in on Monday!
So, one of my co-workers offered me a Zenadrine. I took it and am now "alive" but what are the possible reprocussions? I figured it was better than a soda & donut which was my former WOL. I am not craving anything, but I suspect it has caffeine in it, which I read can hinder some.

I am beginning induction (again!) and don't want to blow it (again! )

Please Help!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 14:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Now 1st of all there is NEVER such a thing as a dumb question!! Thats what the forum is for...to learn and find support....OK..LOL Now then... I would say for most people best time of day to check your ketostix is 1st thing in the morning or in the evening. I have never heard of zenadrine so cant help U there however it has to be a better choice than a donut and soda..lol
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 15:46
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
So, one of my co-workers offered me a Zenadrine. I took it and am now "alive" but what are the possible reprocussions? I figured it was better than a soda & donut which was my former WOL.

Zenadrine contains ephedra - Ma Huang - which has an amphetamine-like effect. Ephedra is widely - and IMHO wrongly -used for weight loss, as an energy booster, and to enhance athletic performance.

What works best is living with the initial lows and discomforts of low-carbing. You have to decide to get through Induction without caving and using any drugs that falsely boost your energy.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 16:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Thanks!

You are right, Karen. I have been feeling a little blue this weekend but that is no excuse. Now I feel blue and sick.
Wrote a long letter to myself in my journal and that helped me feel a little better.

I need to learn how to handle stress in ways that don't involve food. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to throw them my way!

Thanks!

P.S. Thanks, GWilson. Guess I'll er, check them out in the morning!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:48

BF:
Default thanks karen

I didnt realize what zenadrine was thanks for the info. Could we even get them in canada? Not that I would touch them witha ten foot pole..lol
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:55

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: thanks karen

Quote:
Originally posted by gwilson38
I didnt realize what zenadrine was thanks for the info. Could we even get them in canada? Not that I would touch them witha ten foot pole..lol

You used to be able to get Xenadrine and other products containing ephedrine/ephedra/mahuang in Canada - but no longer.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/t29601.html

Nat
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:00

BF:

Thanks Nat..scarey stuff. BTW your pic looks awesome!