Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 62/57/52
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question Jell-o sugar free pudding

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if Jell-o sugar free pudding is available in Australia? A lot of low carb dessert recipes call for it and I'd love to get my hands on some.

While on the topic, does anyone have a recipe for a white chocolate cheesecake - or anything containing white chocolate? Craving it badly!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:47
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Melbgal,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've never seen any Jell-o products here in Oz.

As for the white chocolate, I think you might have to channel your thoughts elsewhere. We don't have freely available unsweetened brown chocolate, so I don't like your chances with the white.

Sorry.

If it helps, you'll see that the folk here who are most successful with their weight loss, are the ones who pretty much concentrate on fresh meat, fish, vegies etc.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:55
Registered Member

Stats: 62/57/52
BF:

Hi Rosebud,

Thought the Jell-o might be a long shot. Hoping Aeroplane, Cottees etc make a similar product. The sugar-free Cottees jelly is good. There's a recipe on carb-lite for a white chocolate cheesecake, but unfortunately it calls for the Jell-o sugar free pudding.

Re. unsweetened chocolate, Cadbury Lite (I know, I know, it contains aspartame) and Darrell Lea sugar free are readily available, and I have found that many health food stores carry unsweetened chocolate. Just fishing around to see if anyone has brought out a low carb white one yet.

As for meat, fish, vegies etc. that is all very good 90% of the time, but for those of us with a sweet tooth we do need a sweet treat every now and then to keep us on track. I've had much success in the time that I've been doing Atkins, but that won't continue if I have to deprive myself of sweet things.

Cheers.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 21:10

Stats: 148/139/130
BF:

Hi Melbgal,
Have you tried any of the recipies in the back of the New Atkins Diet Revolution book?
I have recently restarted Atkins and am still in induction so I have not tried any yet. I have however purchased some Atkins Maple syrup which is in the Maple & Mustard glazed salmon. Very Yummy.
I also bought some Double D sugar/carb free lollies for a recent car trip. They are sweetened with splenda and are .

With the Aussie $ getting stronger against the US$ I have just ordered some Atkins products online. Works out alot cheaper than buying them at GNC.

See Ya

Trina
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 04:34

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 281/231/160
BF:
Progress: 41%
Cool White Chocolate

Hi Melbgal,
There is a Cavalier brand white "no added sugar" Belgium chocolate available. I saw it in David Jones and tonight I saw another brand at Foodland.(think it was Perlger?) It does however have 7.9G of carbohydrate per serve(4 small pieces) 6.7g polyols,1.2g sugars,and 1.2g lactose. It lists Malitol as the sweetener. I guess if you have to have some for your sweet tooth it is better than ordinary, but I find those sorts of things get me off low carb track and hard to get back on. However we are all different. If you want me to find out the details of the one at Foodland just give a "yell" to the list,

Cheers Lyn
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 04:53

Plan: eat fat, get thin
Stats: 170/150/125
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi,

Jello Sugar-free puddings are available in Melbourne from

USA Foods
11 Nicholson Street
Bentleigh VIC

Phone: (03) 9576-5655

http://www.usafoods.com.au/

they also sell Unsweetened Bakers chocolate

in Sydney both these items are available from

Five Star Gourmet Foods
19 Willoughby Rd
Crows Nest NSW
(02) 9438 5666

http://www.fivestargourmetfoods.com.au/about_us.html
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 05:13

Plan: Atkins on ediets
Stats: 263/255/150 Female 5'1"
BF:weigh too much
Progress: 7%
Unhappy

Unfortunately, USA Foods dont carry the SugarFree Jello. When I asked if they ever got them in stock I was advised that they dont move off the shelf in Australia

Sue
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 06:51

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 281/231/160
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default U.S.A. Foods

Hi,
U.S.A. foods emailed me and said they don't have sugar free Jello but do have vanilla and chocolate puddings Jello brand.They say they are fat free and sugar free but not what the carb count is.I am waiting for a reply from Kraft foods about the nutrition count,

Cheers Lyn
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 07:33

Plan: Atkins on ediets
Stats: 263/255/150 Female 5'1"
BF:weigh too much
Progress: 7%
Exclamation USA Foods - Nutrition Facts

Hi

Nutrition Facts for a 14 pack serving of the Chocolate Sugar Free Instant Pudding are:

Calories 35
Calories from fat 0
Total Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 320mg
Total Carb 8 g
Dietary Fiber <1g
Sugars 0g
Protein <1g

Please note the ingredients include Aspartamine and Acesulfame Potassium as Sweeteners.

I purchased these before I understood the dangers of aspartamine!

I hope this helps. From what I can understand its only the Jello which is made with splenda.

Sue