Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 21:03

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Thank you all very much for your support and patience

Hi ladies and gents,

I want to say thanks for your support and patience, but I'm afraid I am missing Atkins. I must say that I am surprised how much hold the carbs took on me once I started them again. I think I am by nature a "grazer" and I am just finding CAD too difficult for me. I realise I did not give it enough time, but I found myself in the middle of a doughnut/chocolate binge this morning, which I was never tempted by on Atkins and frankly, that terrified me cause i don't want to lose this focus i have had for the past few months. It left me feeling sick. I think being a diabetic does not help on this plan, better to abstain altogether. My blood sugar was creeping up and up, and depressing me and making me feel tired and hungry and gained 6 pounds over 4 days.

I have learned a lot from CAD though, which I will take back to Atkins with me. I do think I was eating more than I needed to be just prior to the switch which was slowing down my loss a little.

You guys have obviously had success with this plan which just goes to prove that you need to find the one that works well for you.

Good news is that I REALLY MISS ATKINS and how I feel when I'm following it, so I will be able to get back to that with renewed vigour.

Again, thank you alllllllll.. and many of you will still see on the Triple Digit Club forum

Last edited by Luscious : Fri, Feb-20-04 at 03:20.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 04:55

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default All the best to you!

Good luck with the switch back, it sounds like the right move for you.

Take care,
Tracy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 10:49
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Everyone is different and that is why it is so good there are many plans out there. It was very brave of you to try something new. Now you know what CAD is like, and can say you prefer Atkins from experience

Good luck with Atkins and stabalizing blood sugars. It may be hard at first becaus eyour body may have cravings about the time you would of been having your reward meal. Hang in there and the cravings should go away again.