Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 14:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/225/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry Can't log in on AOL

I am really hoping that you can help me. We upgraded to AOL 8.0 the other day and now for some reason I can't log in any more. After I put my username and password in it goes to the Thank You for logging in Rubyg64, but as soon as the page loads it says message bulletin... You are not logged in or do not have permission to access this site. I even tried to register again with another name and email and it did the same thing. It works when I use internet explorer, or I would'nt be here now, but I really need to be able to use AOL.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Also, since I tried to create a new account that I don't need is there any way to get rid of it?

Thank you,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

This sounds like the new browser settings are blocking cookies. I never used AOL, so I don't know how to change these settings on AOL.

Check somewhere in the settings, and make sure you enable cookeis for the forum, and it should work.

Do you have a proxy or firewall? If so, set them up to "trust" our site

As for the other new account, let me know what username you used, and I can remove it for you.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 17:40

BF:

Thanks, but I checked settings and they are o.k. I don't have a firewall or anything either. One thing that I noticed, when I went to change my profile I saw this
Email Address: Note: An automated email will be sent to you for verification. Your account will be temporarily inactive until you confirm your new email, so please make sure you enter the email correctly.

I have not changed my email so I left it the same, but I did not get an email. When I went back to check my profile again the message was still there. Could this be the problem somehow? Do I somehow need to confirm my address?

The new account name is Packr3. Thanks for taking care of it.

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 18:15
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by rubyg64
Thanks, but I checked settings and they are o.k. I don't have a firewall or anything either. One thing that I noticed, when I went to change my profile I saw this
Email Address: Note: An automated email will be sent to you for verification. Your account will be temporarily inactive until you confirm your new email, so please make sure you enter the email correctly.

I have not changed my email so I left it the same, but I did not get an email. When I went back to check my profile again the message was still there. Could this be the problem somehow? Do I somehow need to confirm my address?

The new account name is Packr3. Thanks for taking care of it.

Lisa

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. If you have upgraded to a new browser, you simply login with the same old username and password, and no need to change login, passowrd or get a new account.

If you did not update your email (not needed unless you change ISP) then you will not get a confirmation email. The confirmation email is only sent to those who change their email address. And the warning is always there, to ensure those who change their email type it correctly.

Are you posting using the new browser? In that case, there is no problem, I can just delete the new user name you created.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 19:46

BF:

I hope I can explain this right. When we upgraded to AOl 8.0 and I tried to sign on to this site it did not show the Welcome Rubyg64 up in the corner. So I went to where it says..not cookied log in here. I put in my user name and password and right away it shows that page that says Thank you for logging in Rubyg64 and then it takes you to the next page. Well it just sends me back to the home page but it does not show me as logged in. If I try to post a reply or start a new thread it makes me log on again. When I log on again it will go to that page that says welcome and then instantly to the page that says message bulletin... You are not logged in or do not have permission to access this site. So I don't understand why when I log on it shows the welcome page and then says I'm not logged on.

I have not changed my email I just noticed that note and thought maybe there was a problem there. I am using Internet Explorer right now. I can log on just fine with IE but for some reason on AOL the forum will not accept me as logged in even with the new account. Which I opened because I thought that it was just a problem with the Rubyg64 one. I am totally confussed as to why I can log on just fine with IE but not AOL.

Thanks for taking time to help me.

Lisa
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 19:58
Forum Founder

O.K. Now I understand. With AOL 8.0 you can't post, but if you switch to IE, you can.

Unfortunately, I have never used AOL, so I don't know how to set it up correctly or give any tips.

Anyone else here uses AOL 8.0 or have experience with it?

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 20:43

BF:

Wa'il,

Thanks for trying to help. I have tried everything and just can't figure it out. The site says I am logged on, but then sends me back to the home page not logged in. Oh well, I'll just have to use IE.

Lisa