Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 12:49

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%
Default Reached Goal Today

I reached my goal weight today. I am thrilled and especially so since I had a very interesting experience the past few months.

I had surgery twice earlier this year (March and May) and lost down to my goal without doing anything special. The days of not eating at all and feeling too crummy to eat much took the weight off. I posted back then that I reached goal with a weight of 155-1/2.

However, when I felt better and started eating better I had a couple of things happen. One, I had a couple of times when I ate a lot because I really craved food. I ate "on plan" but ate a lot. I attributed it to my body trying to see if "there was famine in the land." I had eaten so little while feeling bad that I really think my body wanted to be assured there was enough to eat. Two, I really did get a bit careless and ate more high carb food that I personally can handle. I didn't get cravings but I gained 8 pounds in about 6-8 weeks.

The good news is that I went back to eating right--cutting out almost all the hc foods and watching portions--and I took the 8 pounds off in a month.

It feels good to know that if I do get off track and gain a bit, I can take it off again.

I am currently doing my personal version of carb cycling and intend to stay with it for a while. I would very much like to lose a few more pounds--maybe as much as 10--to give myself some room. Weight fluctuates and I want to always stay under 155.

I AM OFFICIALLY NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT as 155 is the high for my height and build. What a joy.

Good luck to all of you on this lc journey. It really works and it is soooo worth the effort.
Sponsored Links