Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 16:08

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%
Default Should I stop taking Xenadrine for physical? Please respond!!

Ok I'll take to make this short.

I started taking Xenadrine Sunday morning and I got a call from the Department of Transportation for a interview on Friday morning (it's for the new Airport security thats employed by the US government rather than independent corps).

Anyways...the physical isnt rough and not too demanding. However, I checked my blood pressure today it was was considerably high (140/90) and with this Blood Pressure, it may make my entrance into this job a little hard.

Now, since I have been taking Xenadrine I have noticed many great changes in my body (body heat = thermogenics...great feeling plus energy). HOWEVER, I have been wondering if the Xenadrine is causing my blood pressure to go up somewhat.

I am not concerned about my blood pressure while on this supplement, however I need to know if my blood pressure will go down somewhat by Friday if I stopped taking the Xenadrine until AFTER the physical.

Also, does anyone know of any natural vitamins and minerals that will lower blood pressure (rather fastly..by this friday) that I could obtain at the local vitamin store?

Thanks for any feedback!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 19:18

anyone anyone?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/135/125
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 23%
Default Xenadrine and hypertension

I would be very very careful if I were you. I took metabolife, which is very similar to Xenadrine. I developed hypertension, a heart murmur and then abnormal liver function tests. I had all the tests repeated after 3 months of no metabolife and they were normal. If high blood pressure will inhibit your employment, then stop taking it now.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:33

Hey Molley

Thanks for your reply. I have stopped taking the Xenadrine for the time being.

I assume those who are familiar with the stackers and fat burners haven't been on these forums lately (as per the no responses)

but your response is good enough for me. Im off of them.