Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 09:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/287/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Suggestion for Topic

I have a suggestion for a new topic in the Low-Carb Support/Focus Group. How about a topic for Body Image Issues? While surfing, I've come across quite a few discussion about this and there seems to be quite a few that are at weight or underweight who are still also trying to lose their "fat" because of how they perceive themselves. Also, I've notice people who have lost a great amount of weight but still see a fat person when they look in the mirror. To be honest, at first I thought, what are these people whinning about, they should have my weight to deal with, but then as I thought about it, I realized that when I lose my weight I might still see that fat person and when I voice my concerns, other's may view it as a non-important issue or whinning too! This is a real serious issue for some and they should have their own topic also. I hope I haven't offended anyone, that wasn't my intention at all. I just needed to remind myself not to criticize someone else until I've walked in their shoes.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 17:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

This is an excellent idea, and has been suggested a few times before. We have retitled our old "addiction and depression" forum, to:

Quote:
Emotional Issues & Body Image
"This forum is for discussions about the psychological aspects of weight loss, body image, eating disorders, food addictions and recovery. Also covers motivational techniques and mental dieting."