Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 18:51

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking Size 12 jeans!!!

I was cleaning up my spare room and found some size 12 jeans that I haven't been able to wear in probably 6 months. I've noticed that my size 16 jeans have been a bit loose lately. They're loose in the legs and behind especially, but still snug in the waist - but not as snug as they used to be. So when I found these size 12 jeans, I thought, well, I'll just see how far up I can put them. Last time I had tried I got them up to about my thighs and that was it. Well, I have put these suckers on and was even able to zip and button em!!!! They fit nicely in my legs, thighs, and behind. They are still more snug than I'd like, but I can't believe I can actually button AND zip them. I'm even sitting down in them right now and they're not really uncomfortable. Of course, I don't think I'd be able to wear them for a whole day's work, but I'm just so happy!!!! This is the best test to know that this WOE works! I am definitely sticking with my Atkins and heading more towards my initial goal of 185, and ultimate goal of 135.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 18:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Clothes

Having a clothing item around that you want to wear, is one of the best ways to keep your mind on your goal. I do the same thing. It's great to finally get into them isn't it?

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 18:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/122/120 Female 5.4 1/2 small frame
BF:23%/23%/?
Progress: 89%

Redfallon!

CONGRADULATIONS

I think jeans are the best "scale" - way to go girl! viv
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:01

BF:

Man! Now I've spent the last 15 minutes going through my dresser looking for old jeans I haven't worn. Of course, they're all made different so there are some size 12s I wouldn't wear out of the house cos they're too tight, but I can pull them up and zip and button. I also have some 14s that fit OK but snug around the belly. I'm gonna start looking for some exercise videos and such to work on my belly. Maybe find something I can TiVo that I can do either before work or when I get home. Oooooh! This is so exciting!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:41
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

About every two weeks I go into a clothes fitting frenzy! I pretty much grab everything I cannot wear out of my closet and see if I notice any progress. Weight loss fun!

It has done me a lot of good-I actually got into and wore a goal pair of jeans. I almost cried.

Congrats!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:36
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Congrats RedFallon....

Congrats Paleoanth....

Iagree with you viv!

red
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:45

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%
Thumbs up Great job!

That's great news and a real upper for you and for us. Each of our successes motivates the rest.

Better start looking for size 10s...

Amy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:53
Registered Member

Plan: Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 330/290/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Way to go!

It's definitely a great feeling when you start really SEEING the results....most people worry about the scale...and they look and are either disappointed because they didn't lose as much as they wanted/expected to, or they or they are surprised at how much they lost, but nobody is disappointed when they drop a couple of sizes in clothes!

So, Congrats on your loss!

Tim
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 07:23
Registered Member

Stats: 184/167.5/145
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hey, congratulations, and how ironic, I just did the same thing. Same size. It feels so good!! Next step my size 10's, then my 8's and 7's!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you again.

Jzruns
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 09:04

Stats: 162/144/127
BF:
Progress: 51%
Talking

Even though I told myself I would not buy any new clothes until I reached my ultimate goal, I bought some pants I really loved last week, lamenting the fact that they would probably fall off of me by summer... Solution? They were half price, so I optimistically bought two sizes - one pair a size I haven't worn since ???? (three kids ago, anyway). Now, rather than old jeans to look forward to, I have my new pants with the tags attached! I will give the larger pair to my sister or something! Self indulgent, yes, but so is lobster! Ha!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 09:30
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Redfallon congrats! I also put on a pair of size 12 jeans this week, wore them all day, wore another pair of my goal jeans yesterday (laying off today, the belly area was a bit snug) so I feel your joy. I've already started looking for my size 10's. I would love to be in my 8's by the summer!!!!! If you are going to dream...dream big.

Gail
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 11:14

BF:

I can't wear the jeans for a whole day yet, but I can at least put them on. My goal was to buy a new pair of pants when I reached 185. At this point, I'll have to see if I even need to. If I can wear the ones I tried on, then I won't have to buy any. But, I may buy some anyway My ultimate goal jeans are a size 8 CK jeans that I wore 50 lbs ago. That's the only clothing that I have kept all this time. That's when I'll know that I'm where I want to be.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 11:18
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Jamie,

big congrats!!!!
We all have those old jeans, don't we? Why bother with scales, anyway?
I'm thinking exacly like you are....trying on clothes but not buying, not yet.

Take care!

Alina
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 13:24
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Red, sounds like we are on the same path...my goal size is an 8 also, I would love to get into my 5's again, but at 37 I see no need for that...an 8 will suit me just fine...I have about 50lbs to go...(to the size 5's that is) at 185 I'm usually an 8...good luck to you.

Gail
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 14:42

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

Congratulation!

I could imagine how excited you were when those pants fit! I tried on my 12s and I can fit into some of them, but not the zip up pants yet. I'm shaped kind of like this -> except the body is more like an upside-down egg lol. I'm top heavy, a big gut, and it gets slimmer as it goes on down. If I get pants that'll fit around my waist, it'll be hanging off my butt and legs, but if it fits nicely at my butt and legs, I can't button them up! So, I'll be wearing these elastic waist jeans for a bit longer!