Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 15:48

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Cool Countdown to Swimsuit Season!

Hi Everyone!

Is anyone interested in joining me for a Countdown to Swimsuit Season? Say, June 1, 2003? I know I'm looking forward to the pool, the beach, and being more confident about myself in that swimsuit that is lurking in the very back of my dresser drawer.

So...if you're up for a little Countdown action... join in!!

No, you don't have to post any photos in a bikini! When I think about goals, not many are more motivating than a nice trip to the beach. Like-minded LCers, let's count down to June 1, 2003! Are you in?

K.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 15:57

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Count me in, K I'm heading south in about 5 weeks, so there's quite an insentive for me to keep plugging away at the cardio and lifting, I'd love to drop another dress size and have to go out and buy a few new bathing suits before the end of January!

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 16:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking For some sooner than you think!

I head south to Florida next month so am trying to get back in reasonable shape to put one those swimsuits I have waiting for me down there ...got back on the treadmill and love the new Winsor Pilates tapes I have ...hopefully will put me where I want to be by the time I hit the Sun and Surf! ...B
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 16:33
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool See You in June!

I'm in, K! Now... I don't know about swimsuits... BUT I sure would enjoy shorts and a sleeveless top for a change! I used to wonder what the big deal about fat arms was... till I got them! I love those little tops... the ones that I wore 20 years ago... with the cut-in shoulders. Tanned shoulders can be so sexy... and I want them back again! Let's do it!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 22:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/207/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Me too, me too!

I am so totally in! I remember last year at the pool all of us latex challenged people sitting around a table and many times the conversation would go to "can you believe that thong she has on" "how could she wear next to nothing like that".

Well this year if I can fit in a thong, by golly I'm going to wear one!
The smallest, tiniest, scrap of nothing they make. The top is going to be two little triangles held up only by shoelaces. And all the latex challenged people can talk about me. Nice dream huh?

No matter how small I get I'll probably still end up in something with a skirt, shaving can be such a bother.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 23:32

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Cool

Hi all you sun-worshippers!!

Hope you're all enjoying the freezing weather since even though it seems like a long way off, summer is coming sooner than you think!!

Ok, time to stop being a cheerleader

I'm extra excited because I am most likely going to Greece for the ENTIRE summer (we're talking 3 months here!) [yes, yes, it is "work" related, it's not a vacation--I feel like I need to say this!] so I will have a lot of time to show off my tan, toned body hehehe.

I should look at pictures of the beach as motivation. In fact, I think I'll tape a photo to my fridge. Although to be honest, it's not about will-power at this point, it's about my body deciding to drop the weight. So maybe I should tape the photo to my butt

Cheers to the whole Swimsuit-Season Team!!

#7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 23:27

Stats: 196/145/160
BF:
Progress: 142%
Default I'm In!

I can dream can't I? By summer my goal is a bikini. I don't care if it's only in my pool, but by God I will wear one and look good in it!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 09:50

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Talking Me Too!

I am so in to this challenge!!! I am so fed up with sitting in the shade in a lawn chair with a big T-shirt over my ugly suit because "I burn too easily". Yeah right.
Christmas is going okay, I have succumbed to a few goodies but on the whole I think I will survive. Am going to make some low carb goodies today for our annual Christmas eve gathering with family. Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Katie
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-02, 10:33

Stats: 250/180/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default I am so in!!

My birthday is in June and we're taking a cruise. This is also the year of our 25th anniversary. We took a cruise for our 20th and I was SO FAT! I wore shorts when I had to, and jeans otherwise. I really want to wear a swimsuit on this cruise. My husband went scuba diving and I didn't. I want to do that too!

So here we go ... skinny me is on the way.

Virginia
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 10:49

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'd like to join as well! Our anniversary is
June 6th and I'm hoping to go somewhere nice... if not beach at least a pool!

Kara
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:22

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/140
BF:PROBALBY 40%
Progress: 0%
Default COUNT ME IN

I'm about at the same weight as you and have the same goal of losing 50 lbs by summer. I know that I can do it if I keep on trying. My problem is getting past the induction and staying at the gym. But I am determined. I know I can do this. I need some encouragement daily
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:27

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

I am in for this as well. I would really like to wear a suit that I don't have to pour myself into. A two piece would be great but thats many more crunches away. I return to bfl on the 6th of january and I am ready to make the most of the next 5 months or so. Last summer I started in a size 24 and ended in a size 18 and I would really like to be a size 8 this coming summer. Who knows maybe even a string bikini. I am going for it.
Laurie
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 09:48

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Got room for one more?

I would so love a swimsuit challenge. I too am going some place warm this summer and I want to sport a bikini!!! Right now I'm getting this exercise thing underway, but I need feedback regarding weights versus pilates. I've been lifting on an off for about a year now and I just don't like it. I have tried power yoga and pilates and love it. I need to know from those who have used pilates and weights can I get trim with some added muscle tone by using pilates. I hear Windsor is great!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 23:34
Registered Member

Stats: 178/163/133
BF:40%
Progress: 33%
Default Count me in too!

We go to the river a lot in the summer and last year I sat around in the big t shirts so I wouldn't get burned. It would be great to show off my tan instead!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 15:09

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: Got room for one more?

Quote:
Originally posted by arnie
I would so love a swimsuit challenge. I too am going some place warm this summer and I want to sport a bikini!!! Right now I'm getting this exercise thing underway, but I need feedback regarding weights versus pilates. I've been lifting on an off for about a year now and I just don't like it. I have tried power yoga and pilates and love it. I need to know from those who have used pilates and weights can I get trim with some added muscle tone by using pilates. I hear Windsor is great!

Arnie...since I have never lifted weights I cannot answer your questions in that regards but am one that tends to bulk up when doing exercising like swimming...was looking for something that tones and sculpts instead and have started the Winsor Pilates...I have been sick over Christmas and am now just starting them up again but will let you know if I like the results I achieve...from just the few 20 minute workouts that I have done so far though can really feel it in the abdominals one point Mari makes in her instructional video is that her exercises are designed to elongate the muscles for a longer leaner look rather than a bulky look and that is what I am hoping to achieve ...B