Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 15:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/192/180
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Alcohol

Well, after 2 weeks following the diet close I lost ONLY 6 lbs. So now that I am down to 204, last night I had 2 glasses of white wine which was something I gave up 2 week ago. I do not feel guilty but disappointed there was not a larger payoff in lbs. I feel better since I started Atkins, but I thought giving up my evening wine, the bread and pasta I love would yield more numbers.

I am discouraged but I'm not giving up.

Last edited by tchapman : Mon, Mar-03-03 at 15:11.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 05:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/209/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I just finished two weeks too and only lost 5 pounds
At least I'm not craving/binging on carbs
We will make it
Hang in there
Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 20:04

Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi Karen & T Chapman:

Thought I would address this post to the both of you. This is what I know from lc'ng.

What we tend to find is that on average you'll lose about 10% (of the weight you need to lose) in the first 2 weeks, followed by 5 to 10% per month after that.

Yes, I know, you'd like to lose more quickly, but remember this is a permanent way of eating, so the weight will stay off.

Commonly, we have a big loss to begin with (19% IS a big loss!) followed by a slump. Some even gain a pound or two at this point. Again, it seems disheartening, but what is happening is that after the body has the initial loss, it "worries" that you might be starving it and so hangs onto as much fluid as it can for a bit. (Technically, it's all about fluids oin fat cells rather than the body worrying. )

But the good part is that if you carry on with your eating plan, before too long you'll have a visit from the Whoosh Fairy.

http://www.jalilahsahar.com/whooshes.html

I am just finishing 9 weeks of lc'ng and I have lost a total of 16 pounds. And, I haven't lost anything since Feb. 20th. You are considered in a stall if you are 6 weeks without a loss of weight or inches. So just enjoy the diet and all the good things you can eat....you're not gaining are you? Keep up the good work and remember this is a FAT LOSS WOE (way of eating) not a WEIGHT LOSS WOE. This is unlike any other plan you've been on and it is definitely not a fast weight plan for most people.

Make sure you both measure yourselves so you can compare in a few weeks and see the loss of inches. That will keep you happy while you wait for that WATER to leave you.

Good luck to you both

Rose
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:47

BF:
Thumbs up

Great encouragement and it works. I am now at 199. I feel great.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 07:54

BF:

I'm now at 192 and I feel great. Thanks for the tips. I spent April 4-6 in New Orleans with my family. I had great food and I feel like I stayed on the plan. I used the following statement as my answer to all the offers of high carb foods/goodies, "Thanks that looks wonderful but I'm not having any". No one questioned my new choice of foods. Not one family member tried to stuff food in me that I did not want. By the way my brother is an outstading chef with 2 very successful restaurants in the area (MS Coast).

They all said I looked great.

By the way, for me prayer as been a real help to maintain my focus.

See ya'll...

Regards, Happy Chappy