Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 20:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/238/180
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Intro

HI, Thought it was a good time for an intro. I have been browsing this site for a couple of days and have learned several things... I started LC a couple of weeks ago, or at least what I could remember from reading PP a couple of years ago. Thursday I bought the new Atkins book and found I was eating a couple of things I shouldn't. Yeterday I bought some keto stix and showed a trace of ketones. Today the color is much darker......I know it's not from dehydration... In the last 2 weeks I have drank enough water to float the 7th fleet. I have also eaten so many eggs I would be ashamed to look a chicken in the face..... Right now I am not having trouble with chocolate withdrawl, but I'm not sure how long that's gonna last.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 00:13

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Hi

Welcome to the board Sonny!

Congratulations on buying Dr A's new book and re-educating yourself on low carb eating. I hope you feel comfortable here. Have you browsed around the site much? There is a lot of good info here. Click on Low Carb Tips on the orange bar at the top for some excellent info.

Post lots so we can get to know you.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 06:15
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Welcome!

Hi Sonny!

Let me add another welcome!
Well done on the water drinking.
Are you taking any supplements? Chromium and L-Glutamine help prevent sugar cravings and therefore chocolate cravings.
As a former chocoholic, I feel qualified to discuss this!
The only time I yearn for choccy now is when it is right under my nose. That's really a psychological problem then. So all I have to do is move to a planet where they don't have chocolate and I'm home free!
Have you started a journal yet? It's a great idea to do so as people can pop in and offer great advice and encouragement.
Keep up the good work!

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 11:18

Stats: 264/238/180
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Thanks for the welcome

Ruth,
I have been browsing around the site, mostly reading posts. I haven't clicked on the orange tabs yet.... this seems to be a comfortable place where a person can sit back relax and even take his shoes off....

Rosebud,

I am taking a suplement that has chromium, I'll check on the L-Glutemin. My chocolate cravings are purely Psycological....and as my DW keeps telling that's to high for crutches and they don't make a pill for my problems.... ....I figure if I stay out of the candy isle, or as my granddaughter calls it, the candy patch, I'll make it....I haven't started a journal yet...I will soon......

Sonny
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 12:21

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hi sonny--hasn't the weather been lovely lately?

if you take l-glutamine, which should help, really!--remember to take it between meals.

Keep reading, and welcome to the board.

raz

ps--love the granddaughter's "candy patch." I've been like a greedy bunny in there myself many times in the past!