Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 13:03
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up Red Tea by The Republic of Tea

I'm now a non coffee drinker but I still love hot drinks in the cool weather. I found a tea that is very good and is caffeine free as well as sodium and carb free.

Its call Red Tea and its made with African Rooibos herb. It comes in many flavors. I'm currently drinking Karoo Tropical Fruit.
I sent them an email which I will share with you now:

" Question:
I am enjoy your Red Tea very much. I'm drinking Karoo Tropical Fruit at the moment.
My question is this: What is the nutrition Information for a cup of tea? You know, The carbs, sodium, any vitamins? Thanks. I'm on a special diet and need this info. Thanks again.

Answer:

Dear Citizen Kassie, Thank you for your query. You are enjoying one of our favorite teas that is a naturally caffeine-free rooibos--a wonder herb from South Africa. It yields a rich, healthful cup full of powerful antioxidants with NO CARBS and NO SODIUM. So you can now enjoy unlimited cups knowing the powerful antioxidants help build the immune system and offer you delicious tropical fruits and blossoms ... Sip by Sip!

The Minister of Well-Being"

www.republicoftea.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 13:10

Plan: Atkins (induction)
Stats: 240/232/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey Lessara!

Did ya get it at a regular grocery store like Shop N Save ? Just curious, I may have to go looking for it too.

I currently drink Apple Cinnamon Herbal Tea ( only has <1 carb per tea bag, so it limits me ) And is caffiene free. Lipton puts it out. I love the apple cinnemon thing.

But I would like to know more about this tea your talking about, maybe give me a change to water all the time.

Thanks for sharing the info
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 15:11
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Default Hi

Believe it or not I got my tea from Barnes and Noble, however they are less expensive and plus there is more varieties than at the bookstore. I got a catalogue which you can get if you go online to them.

They have many fruit flavors.
Enjoy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 16:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%

You can also buy Republic of Tea at grocery stores around here--just check in the tea aisle. However, there is no replacing the ROT catalog--it's beautiful. I love the descriptions and the tea pots.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 16:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

Swt_T
Since you like the cinnomin apple tea, you may like the Cranberry Apple tea from Celestial Seasonings.....no carbs and tastes great. They have a Fruit Sampler pack with 5 flavors, we have gone thru 3 boxes in the last few weeks...my hubby and son discovered that they really liked them alot. My favorite is the Cherry Berry....with or without cream.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 15:46

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

I am a longtime Republic of Tea fan, but I had been leery of trying the red teas because, for some reason, I thought they'd be "spicy" and I didn't want to spend eight bucks on a tin of tea to find out I didn't like it (that happened when I bought the Honeysuckle Melon tea).

I was delighted, however, to find that my college bookstore sells the Republic of Tea products by the cup (and carries a wide variety). So, I figured for $1.25 I could afford to give it a try, even if I didn't like it. So I tried the Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea....WOW! It is so amazingly good - even with nothing else in it. I ended up buying a tin. Then I found out that the bookstore's offshoot cafe on the other side of campus (and on my way to class from the parking lot) carried a few more flavors. So, today I treated myself to the Capetown Harvest. Again, delicious! I highly recommend the Republic of Tea products to anyone who's a tea drinker. They are super high quality and don't bleach the tea bag material. Plus, for their decaffeination process for the decaf products, they use supercritical CO2, which is basically harmless to the environment (unlike the methods most other tea-producing companies use).

I think I shall go broke buying tea...