Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:36
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%
Default Journal/Fitday

If there's someone out there who can help with this question I'd be most grateful. I want to make my fitday info available to the Zonecoach in that forum. I have no idea how to start a journal, and although I gave her the link from Fitday, she is having trouble accessing it. I just don't have time to enter all my food lists for each day so that she can help me with my problem. Any info you can pass along would really be great! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 01:50
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi there,

To make your Fitday journal public so that other people can see it, here's what you need to do:

- Sign-in to Fitday, then click on Home from the menu on the left. The Home page is where you change your personal information, email, preferences etc.

- Near the bottom, you'll see the section for Public Journal. Read the blurb, then click the button "Make my journal public!"

- You'll be given a special web link address to the public journal which you can copy and paste in your messages here, or some folks have put their Fitday link in their signature line.

hth,

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 04:30
Contributing Member

Thanks for the quick answer, Doreen. I had actually already done the Fitday process and gotten a link. Here it is:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=shalizbet
Unfortunately, the Zonecoach said that she couldn't access my journal by using it. And I've noticed that when I paste the shortcut it doesn't light up the way links usually do. Still not sure why this isn't working, since I tried to follow all the instructions I found in another thread about copying and pasting. I think I'll try using the link myself and see if I can get there. Again, I appreciate your response.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 04:39
Contributing Member

One more addition, Doreen. After I posted to you, I tried the link and it worked. It just didn't take me (nor would it have taken the Zonecoach) to anything particularly useful as far as analyzing food records etc. I'll have to wait until I reach the 25 posts so that I can PM her. Thanks for your help, anyway. Can you direct me to a thread about opening a journal here in the forum? I keep seeing one on other people's posts, but I really don't understand what it is. Or how it works. Thanks.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 04:45
Contributing Member

Doreen, I was just browsing and found Tamarian's sticky on "How to Start a Journal". Thanks anyway. Sorry to keep adding to this, but didn't want you to have to take the time to respond after I'd located it.