Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 14:39

Plan: General
Stats: 229/196/125 Female 5'3""
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default just wanted to share

On Mothers' Day, a big group of my family went to a mexican restaurant. We went in and the waiter asked if he could get us something to drink. I said just bring me a glass of ice. he said excuse me? i said i want a glass of ice. So, he brought me a glass of ice, and when he took our order and left, I pulled out my diet rite, popped it open and poured it in my glass. My family was laughing at me but there was nothing on the menu short of water for me to drink. I said I don't care if they want to charge me for a full glass of soda, but I am drinking my diet rite. Well, they were snacking on tortilla chips and dip while waiting for food. I resisted that and ordered a grilled chicken. It came with beans and rice. I only ate my grilled chicken. But, I was so proud of myself for overcoming that and wanted to share it with people who understood.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 15:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey, Good for you! I haven't had to do anything like that since low carbing, but I used to bring my dressings and even can't believe it's not butter spray with me to restaurants all the time when I was low cal low fat!

PecanPie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 17:08

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

isnt it one of the best feelings ever to be able to say no to food? It amazes me every time... back when i ate "normally" i could never say no to food like chips and salsa.. i would just sit there and eat and eat and eat. Now when i go mexican i can easily resist eating them, its great. I love this WOE.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

Some places it is easy to substitute, but I afraid at mex restaraunts you can't really get anything in place of the rice and beans exept maybe celery/blue cheese IF they have it (some places have it to go with buffalo wings). You are brave though, for smuggling in a soda!! That's great!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 19:17

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

That is an amazing feat in a Mexican restaurant! I love Mexican, really miss it and don't think I could be as determined as you were.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 19:38
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

That's great jj, WTG.. I have pulled out my own condiments from my purse and splenda packets.. I just giggle and my friends think Im a hoot.Shoot, my purse has alot of odd stuff in it,lol.
Angel
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:52

Plan: Atkins since Sep 2003
Stats: 145/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzedAng
That's great jj, WTG.. I have pulled out my own condiments from my purse and splenda packets.. I just giggle and my friends think Im a hoot.Shoot, my purse has alot of odd stuff in it,lol.
Angel

Thats me! When I go to the movies, I have my bottled water, nuts etc... an I always have my mint tea packets & Splenda on hand. I am so prepared for any situation.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:43

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 239/235/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Who wants to know?
Progress: 4%

Great Job JJ!! I always take a bottle of water with me when I go to restaurants because I know restaurant water tastes yucky and there are no other options besides that. I get the funny looks too but I don't care!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:46

Stats: 196.8/186.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Such willpower....great job! I went mexican the other day and ordered fajitas without the tortillas. Yes the waitress stared...but they were delish even w/out the tortillas!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:53
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

That is a Big Accomplishment! I would have had an extremely difficult time with that. I LOVE Mexican food. I really LOVE chips and salsa. I make Mexican at home and I make my own chips and salsa at home too. It would have been really really really hard for me to resist those like you did. Congratulations!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 13:21
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Good job! I'm finding some Mexican restaurants are responding at least in token ways. I went to La Salsa yesterday and had a Chili Lime Steak Salad. It was basically carne asada, avocado's and such on lettuce. Quite tasty!

Rubio's has a nice carne/pollo asada plate where they give you large lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. You wrap your meat in them and its fabulous!